PDA

View Full Version : Where to pick up a Brake Vacuum pump

tdiesel
01-24-2014, 08:23 PM
My wife alerted me to a whiring/buzzzing sound today. So when I got home from work today I took a peak. It is as seen in the picture the vacuum pump under the air box.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5829 it was hot to the touch and the obvious source of the noise.

Its on our 07 xc70 anyone know a good source in Canada or a good american source that is reasonable by the time it gets here.

Up here no dealership within an 8 hour drive, not that I would buy from them anyway.
Cheers
brad.

Scopeman
01-26-2014, 12:01 PM
IPD has both OEM and Hella. Is it really bad? The vacuum sensor on mine was getting stuck in cold weather, causing the pump to run when not needed. A new switch solved the problem. The little pumps are fairly expensive, the switch was about $70US, plus shipping.

tdiesel
01-30-2014, 12:48 PM
You know since the weekend it stopped making noise. It may have got water in it an froze? We have had a really weird winter.
When it starts again I will take another look thanks.

JRL
01-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Why it probably broke was the switch near the top of the radiator. They fail, the pump stays running and burns up.
I would be happy to pick both up at wholesale and send them to you as long as you pay me for them and the shipping.
If so, I may need your VIN
May not mean much because your VIN is not in Volvo's US system, but I think both brands fit all cars.

If you want a US price let me know