PDA

View Full Version : How to replace gear shift handle

xraybob
01-08-2014, 06:07 AM
Just bought a nice MY10 XC60 with the light tan interior. Everything is clean about it except for the shifter handle which is nasty dirty and won't come clean. Dealer wants $98 for either the matching replacement color or one in charcoal which wouldn't show dirt. I found one online from a Volvo dealer for around $52. How do I remove the old one and replace the new? I've removed and replaced one on my
MY04 XC70, but this looks to be attached differently.

Thanks in advance.

xraybob
01-21-2014, 12:46 PM
I meant differently than my MY04 XC70 style which is a straight pull up after the leather boot is twisted and pushed down. There's a chrome collar around the base of the leather material above the shifter's shaft.

xraybob
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Ordered a replacement shift handle and found it was very easy to replace. Rotate the square chrome collar at the base of the shifter handle the pull straight up. Easy as pie. A lot easier the S/V/C & 850 model handles that could give you a black eye or knock out a tooth.

fhopper
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
First time on the site and this was exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks guys.

fhopper
03-21-2014, 12:53 PM
My nob came and the only thing I would add is be sure to compress the button when installing. My dealer installed it wrong so the lock out would not work.