PDA

View Full Version : 2001 v70 xc starts then stalls

Bonesxl1100
01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone.

Having an issue with this thing right now. Ill start from the beginning. Car has about 145k on it.

The car has been throwing the p0422 code for a little while now. Just haven't had the chance to dive into that issue. Was going to try replacing the downstream oxygen sensor first to see if thats it. Either way, the car ran fine.

The other day while it was idling in the driveway, i noticed it was acting like it wanted to stall but didnt. Then that problem went away. Just figured bad gas cause i filled up after that and it hasnt happened since. Well, today it was idling in the driveway for about 10 minutes to warm up. When we got in it to go and put it in gear and stepped on the gas, it stalled and wouldn't start back up. Was getting the starter clicks. Jumped it and it started but then would stall again. I replaced the battery cause i figured it needed replacing anyway as i dont know how old it is and i thought maybe that was the issue due to the clicking starter. It started right up and ran for a couple minutes before it stalled again.

What could be causing this issue? Whats my next step to check? I cleaned the maf a couple weeks ago to see if that would clear that code, which it didnt. So i know the maf is clean. Could it be due to the p0422 code causing this issue or something else?

Thanks.

Bonesxl1100
01-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Just an update

I checked for fuel at the fuel rail and it did let loose some gas. It basically just dribbled for a couple seconds. Isn't it supposed to shoot out pretty good? Went to start the car again and now it won't start at all where as it used to start then die after a couple seconds. Checked the rail again and very little gas came out. The fuel filter was replaced a couple months ago. Could I be having a fuel pump issue?

Bonesxl1100
01-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Unbelievable. Out of gas. I put about a gallon of gas in it and it started and ran. Damn gauge is off. Still showed 1/4 tank. After it ran for about 15 mins I backed out and drove up the road before it died again. Put another 2 gallons in it and it's fine again. Wondering if the fuel pump is going. Could it not be pumping gas if it's low?