PDA

View Full Version : 2004 XC70 headlight low beam replacement

orvieto
12-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,
Just what I needed right before the Xmas mess.

My passenger side headlight bulb was broken. OK it's easier than a driver side one. It should be 15 minutes job. I bought a 9005 bulb at a local Napa, and installed it, but didn't work...The fuse was fine, so I went to back to the store and they tested the bulb, and it was fine. Then I measured voltage at a bulb socket; here we go, it was only .03 or something...

I can hear the dealer is talking about $300.

Please advise.

swimNdrive
12-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi everyone,
Just what I needed right before the Xmas mess.

My passenger side headlight bulb was broken. OK it's easier than a driver side one. It should be 15 minutes job. I bought a 9005 bulb at a local Napa, and installed it, but didn't work...The fuse was fine, so I went to back to the store and they tested the bulb, and it was fine. Then I measured voltage at a bulb socket; here we go, it was only .03 or something...

I can hear the dealer is talking about $300.

Please advise.
Have you tried to clean up the contacts? If so, I would try to trace done the wires and see if there is any problem. Did you get any message on the message display? When my low beam had the problem, there was a message showed. My low beam bulbs were OK too. The problem was the mechanics inside of the lamp.

orvieto
12-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Thank you swimNdrive,
Yes, I have a message said 'a bulb is broken'. Now I think the original bulb was good although the message said 'it is broken'... I cannot check it, because I damped it.

It's very tight space to trace those wires.

Any other suggestions? I have to take the headlight assembly?

Thank you again.