PDA

View Full Version : (urgent)drivers window down.... and its snowing yay

shagginwagon
12-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Rolled my window Dow and went to stop it and it kept going Dow now it won't go back up all other windows work. It has never givin me a problem before. I searched online for were the fuse is but can't seem to find it. Is there a fuse or a relay for the drivers front window? It's snowing and I'm on the freeway lol pls help. Thanks

DYZ
12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
What year is your car? My 05's driver side window is controlled by fuse #5. The fuse is located inside of the car on the side of the driver's dash. You need to open the driver's door and open the side dash cover to access the fuse.

DYZ

shagginwagon
12-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Called dealer they said I didn't have a fuse and to smack the switch on the pannel... Lol, I always thought beating something was the worst advice I've ever heard. I ended disconnecting my battery( just negative) for like 15 min. Hooked it up and the window worked.. gotta love Volvo voodoo. I guess some computer stuff just need reset. Thanks. By the way I drove 100 miles in close to white out conditions with my drivers window all the way down lmao. Verry cold trip.

shagginwagon
12-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Sorry I forgot. My car is a 2001 v70 xc

HanksDad
12-07-2013, 05:36 AM
I've suffered with the problem since purchasing mine. Pull the switch assembly out of the door, then pull the switch apart, then reassemble. It did the trick for me - not sure why, but the contacts seem to function better when I did this. Possible corrosion?