PDA

View Full Version : Clink noise when first taking off??

charlie8
11-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi, I have a 2005 XC70 and when I first start moving and get about 50 feet, I hear a "clink" sound coming from the front and I suspect it's coming from under the hood and possibly the driveline. It sounds like something is engaging. It's NOT the vehicle shifting from 1st to 2nd. If I stop the vehicle and take off again it won't do it, just on the original take off. If I pull over and shut the vehicle off, then start it and go again, it will do it every time I get around 50 feet. I've only had the vehicle for about 6 months and only noticed it about a month ago. Probably just had the radio on and wasn't listening for anything. Is this normal with something engaging or could I have something loosening up or getting play in it.

pelagikos
11-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi, I have a 2005 XC70 and when I first start moving and get about 50 feet, I hear a "clink" sound coming from the front and I suspect it's coming from under the hood and possibly the driveline. It sounds like something is engaging. It's NOT the vehicle shifting from 1st to 2nd. If I stop the vehicle and take off again it won't do it, just on the original take off. If I pull over and shut the vehicle off, then start it and go again, it will do it every time I get around 50 feet. I've only had the vehicle for about 6 months and only noticed it about a month ago. Probably just had the radio on and wasn't listening for anything. Is this normal with something engaging or could I have something loosening up or getting play in it.

Mine does that too. Apparently, it's perfectly normal. ABS engages or something...

vtl
11-05-2013, 09:00 PM
ABS test.

Xheart
11-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Jim commented somewhere something like this... rephrasing "set of tires close-to or below the recommended tread (6/32") would cause driver's side axle to 'CLICK' at the first start". An audible indicator for the owner to service and replace tires ASAP – smart design.