PDA

View Full Version : New Tires

9dawgs
11-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Well the Continental's were getting worn so I decided to upgrade to a little more aggressive tread. I opted for the General Grabber AT2's in the same 215/65R16 original size tire. I thought about going a size larger but didn't want to deal with the rubbing without the Bad Swede lift I'm hoping to install in the future. For now these will do just fine I think. The car has a nice stance with the new tires. I like it [cool2]

Xheart
11-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I do too! Thx.

Well the Continental's were getting worn so I decided to upgrade to a little more aggressive tread. I opted for the General Grabber AT2's in the same 215/65R16 original size tire. I thought about going a size larger but didn't want to deal with the rubbing without the Bad Swede lift I'm hoping to install in the future. For now these will do just fine I think. The car has a nice stance with the new tires. I like it [cool2]

tnduc
11-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Those look good, will be on my short list when I need tires. Keep us updated on wear, ride and noise.

Xheart
11-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Any spacers Jim 10, 15, 20, or 25mm?

vtl
11-06-2013, 11:27 AM
On the front wheel... Two weights opposite each other?

9dawgs
11-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Any spacers Jim 10, 15, 20, or 25mm?

No spacers. Just put the new tires on the rims as is. There's no rubbing or even any close areas to look out for. They're a good fit.

9dawgs
11-06-2013, 02:42 PM
On the front wheel... Two weights opposite each other?

No, just a dirty rim where the old weight was removed. I haven't had a chance to wash it this week.

9dawgs
02-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Those look good, will be on my short list when I need tires. Keep us updated on wear, ride and noise.

I have a 3 month update on ride and wear on the General Grabbers. I just took a trip from Tampa, FL to Gatlinburg, TN. The ride was smooth on the tires and I had no issues with wear. They do tend to track a bit on uneven pavement but they are great in the rain and snow. They're a bit noisier than the Continentals but that's to be expected with the more aggressive tread pattern. All in all I would definitely purchase them again for my XC70.