PDA

View Full Version : engine oil capacity

jgjones095
11-01-2013, 03:40 PM
hi just changed the oi n filter in my v70xc 2.4t petrol
1st time since I took ownership back in feb. yes I know I should have does it sooner but ive not covered many miles in it since getting it as its been off the road for months with other issues.

anyhow what should the oil capacity be? my handbook doesnt say
I dropped about 3 1/2 litres from it.

put about 5 litres of 5-30 fully synthetic

yes I know to check the dipstick but my drives on a slope.
just want to see how much more I need.

also need to check my pcv system as when I put a glove over the breather cap hole it inflates a bit

Astro14
11-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Mine holds about 6.5 QT, so I would start with 5 liters, you won't be low with that quantity. Once you can check it on level ground, you can top it up to full line..

nickbw
11-01-2013, 04:33 PM
hi just changed the oi n filter in my v70xc 2.4t petrol
1st time since I took ownership back in feb. yes I know I should have does it sooner but ive not covered many miles in it since getting it as its been off the road for months with other issues.

anyhow what should the oil capacity be? my handbook doesnt say
I dropped about 3 1/2 litres from it.

put about 5 litres of 5-30 fully synthetic

yes I know to check the dipstick but my drives on a slope.
just want to see how much more I need.

also need to check my pcv system as when I put a glove over the breather cap hole it inflates a bit

It is 5.8 litres and yes get on with the pcv system - do it first if you are near 100k, or you are simply throwing good money away!

ddandino
11-02-2013, 04:50 AM
I have a 2002 xc70 with 120000 miles. I knew the PCV system needed to be done but waited a bit ... the thing that first alerted me that I should not wait anymore was about 2000 miles into an oil change the low oil light came on when I went around a hard corner. Same situation as you drained a lot less oil then should have been in there ( I didn't measure ). Since I have addressed the PCV system ( I got the full kit from FCP ) I have stopped leaking oil and the car seems to rev more freely and I am getting better gas mileage ! So don't wait ! Mine was obviously leaking a significant amount of oil with the clogged PCV.