PDA

View Full Version : Coolant In Use

Oka
10-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I am going to flush my coolant and replace the thermostat. I currently have the yellow-green coolant in it.
On my shelf for other cars, I have O'Reilly's YELLOW, Walmart SuperTech's Green and the Prestone's Orange.
Just read where a poster said not to use the orange fluid. Guess I am left with two choices. Since I already have
the green in the system, I might just keep to that color.

Anyone has any issue with the Walmart's SuperTech green coolant?

parsapolis
10-14-2013, 07:03 AM
I would use Zerex g-05 if I were you. I had the green Prestone in mine and I can tell you that my turbo just sounds different with zerex. Before making the switch I could feel and hear the turbo being overworked on high rpms. As soon as I switched to Zerex the turbo just sounds different when it kicks in. It seems to spin smoother. The heat transfer is way more efficient with the correct coolant. Call it a placebo but I'm convinced my engine just sounds better in high rpms now.

Xheart
10-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Or simply switch to Volvo's for few $ more.
Zerex G-05 is the best 2nd option.

I would use Zerex g-05 if I were you. I had the green Prestone in mine and I can tell you that my turbo just sounds different with zerex. Before making the switch I could feel and hear the turbo being overworked on high rpms. As soon as I switched to Zerex the turbo just sounds different when it kicks in. It seems to spin smoother. The heat transfer is way more efficient with the correct coolant. Call it a placebo but I'm convinced my engine just sounds better in high rpms now.