PDA

View Full Version : Particular filter and egr valve....

seg
09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Hi
The other week the engine system service light came on and the car kept going in to limp mode on and off. I had it looked at and it seems its an egr valve fault. Then the soot filter light came on. I followed the manual instructions but light stayed on.
I am having the egr valve replaced....will this have an effect on the particle filter regenerating or will that need replacing to? Seems a coincidence that this all has kicked in at the same time.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated
Thanks

sjonnie
09-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Something tells me you're driving a D5, not many D5 owners on here, you might want to try http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/index.shtml

Good luck.

tapanitja
09-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Hi
The other week the engine system service light came on and the car kept going in to limp mode on and off. I had it looked at and it seems its an egr valve fault. Then the soot filter light came on. I followed the manual instructions but light stayed on.
I am having the egr valve replaced....will this have an effect on the particle filter regenerating or will that need replacing to? Seems a coincidence that this all has kicked in at the same time.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hi,
I had a cooler thermostat fault 'all time open' and thus no propper driving engine temperature. this lead to a no-cleared-soot-filter -situation.
I replaced the thermostat but had to visit the dealer for forced filter clearing and to reset the fault code before the car war running propperly again.
br tapsa