PDA

View Full Version : Vadis Adjustments

jlf
03-01-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm afraid I got caught in miscommunication at Lovering Volvo in Nashua, NH....wanted Vadis adjustments to vehicle at delivery in November, was talked out of it by sales guy....but I checked with service at that time, and they said they'd do the adjustments at 7500 mile check.

We're there now, had it in, and got the word that they won't do these adjustments without a charge.  Specifically we wanted the front seats adjusted hotter (can barely feel them), the rear mirror darker, and the locks to lock automatically upon 7 km/hr speed.  Sounds simple to me?

honestly I'm quite shocked....my Saab had similar adjustments, they did it for free and openly wanted to work with me to make sure the car was perfect.  I was also in the Acura dealership recently, and they openly advertise all the adjustments they can do on the new TL.  Lovering acted like they've never done this stuff before.

Has anyone else had these issues at Volvo?...my wife is irate, this is our 5th Volvo wagon, and something stupid like this makes her want to by audi next time! http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

JF

cschmelz
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
I agree, complete and UTTER bull####...

Check your warranty, all adjustments are free for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles...VADIS adjustment of the seat heat seems like an adjustment to me...

We all need to bash on VCNA until they changed this clearly ####ED UP policy

coastal
03-01-2004, 09:34 PM
strange, I thought the ####ing filters would edit out the words #### and ####... should be fixed now.

And on topic, it's my personal opinion that these should be covered under the one year adjustments period because after all, they are adjustments aren't they?

dcawd
03-01-2004, 09:40 PM
From personal experience and other posts on the board, it seems the your dealership is similar in its approach to many others re charging for Vadis adjustments.  In my case, after some argument, my dealership made an adjustment for free after I got the car (via OSD) because I mentioned that I had asked for that feature to be changed when ordering the car but the salesperson (incorrectly, as it turned out) told me that this could not be done.   After the 'service team leader' told me that they would charge me for the fix, I spoke to the head service person who is a 'fixer' type, and who I knew, and who then agreed to not charge for the adjustment.   In your case, the dealership represented that they would do it for free and it would seem silly to p.o. a new car customer for a relatively small amount.  If you haven't already, perhaps raising this up the chain of command at the dealership until you get someone to be responsive is worth trying.

asilverm
03-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is Vadis?

Raynald
03-01-2004, 10:43 PM
<span style='color:blue'>V</span>olvo <span style='color:blue'>A</span>ftersale <span style='color:blue'>D</span>iagnostic and <span style='color:blue'>I</span>nformation <span style='color:blue'>S</span>ystem. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

jkochis
03-02-2004, 06:08 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jlf @ Mar. 01 2004,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I&#39;m afraid I got caught in miscommunication at Lovering Volvo in Nashua, NH....wanted Vadis adjustments to vehicle at delivery in November, was talked out of it by sales guy....but I checked with service at that time, and they said they&#39;d do the adjustments at 7500 mile check.

We&#39;re there now, had it in, and got the word that they won&#39;t do these adjustments without a charge. Specifically we wanted the front seats adjusted hotter (can barely feel them), the rear mirror darker, and the locks to lock automatically upon 7 km/hr speed. Sounds simple to me?

honestly I&#39;m quite shocked....my Saab had similar adjustments, they did it for free and openly wanted to work with me to make sure the car was perfect. I was also in the Acura dealership recently, and they openly advertise all the adjustments they can do on the new TL. Lovering acted like they&#39;ve never done this stuff before.

Has anyone else had these issues at Volvo?...my wife is irate, this is our 5th Volvo wagon, and something stupid like this makes her want to by audi next time&#33; http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

JF[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I was bothered by this as well. Wanted same adjustments and they charged me for them. I owned VW&#39;s in the past and they would do or fix anything when the vehicle was under warranty. I was also pissed when I complained I felt a slight vibration so they balanced the tires and charged me for it, I said the car has 7500 miles and it has felt this way since I got it, so why should I pay for something that wasn&#39;t done correct from the factory? They did remove the charges for that. It just shocked me since these cars have a 1yr adjustment period and 4/50000 warranty. If the adjustment period complaints where so difficult, what are the warranty claims going to be like? I can just see more battles ahead which is a shame since I really enjoy the XC70.

asilverm
03-02-2004, 01:49 PM
oops

asilverm
03-02-2004, 01:50 PM
As a new Volvo owner, I wasn&#39;t aware of Vadis adjustments. &nbsp;The seats could be a bit warmer and I like the idea of the doors locking at 7 mph (like my former car). &nbsp;What other adjustments are available? &nbsp;Is there an official list? &nbsp;Does anyone know if Saab also has similar owner-specified adjustments available? &nbsp;Thanks.

Raynald
03-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Take a look at Hard to find information about Volvo Cars (http://www3.sympatico.ca/p_bruno/volvo/). Fellow member ifnt420 has also posted this scanned page of a manual on which I&#39;d sure like to put my hand on&#33; http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
http://www.xc70.com/pics/albums/userpics/autolock.jpg

jlf
03-02-2004, 06:27 PM
thanks for all the feedback, looks like my experience wasn&#39;t unusual...by the way, do any of you know what the default setting of the heated seats is, ie what level?

JF