PDA

View Full Version : Wipers: Rain-X Lattitude?

StuntmanMike
08-26-2013, 05:22 PM
So I picked up a set of Rain-X Latitude wipers for my MY07 today. I think I got the right ones, they're the beam style and 22" & 24" long.

Anyone use these?

Is it just me, or do these not fit right? The connector looks to be the same style as the one currently on the car, but it won't lock in all the way. The tab in the front with te push button on it locks in, but it won't allow the arm to slide in enough for the rear of the connector to lock in.

Looks like these will be going back to the store.

I had read some bad things about Bosch wipers, so it looks like I have to go OEM Volvo (what is actually on the car now).

Sweet Lew
08-26-2013, 06:36 PM
I have yet to use Rain-X wipers on the XC, but I've had them on everything from Toyota to Infiniti and they worked great but, all the cars had J-hooks so they fit fine.

Coincidentally, I've used Bosch Evolutions on the XC and they have lasted just as long as the Rain-x blades. FCP usually has decent deals.

StuntmanMike
08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Good to hear someone had a good experience with the Bosch. Maybe I'll go ahead and order them from FCP. I've been getting emails from them, it seems like they're doing a big customer satisfaction push so at least I'll be able to send them back if they don't perform.

Funny, this will be the first time I've ever had to return a set of wiper blades due to them not fitting - every other car I've owned had J hooks and I never had a problem with my 8 dollar Ancos

kain
08-27-2013, 04:24 AM
I have never used the Rain-X themselves but have installed the AutoZone version a number of times with success, everything fits fine. I would never go back to the old style of wiper.

Astro14
08-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Best wipers, hands-down, I've seen on this car are the PIAA Silicone from Tire Rack, pricey, but super smooth, no streaking and last at least 3x as long as anything else...

StuntmanMike
09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Best wipers, hands-down, I've seen on this car are the PIAA Silicone from Tire Rack, pricey, but super smooth, no streaking and last at least 3x as long as anything else...

I'll look into those next time. I went with the OE fit Bosch from FCP, they seem to work fine....they clear the window fully and don't seem to be streaking. They came in a box of two marked "Aerotwin", for 40 bucks.