PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Air Filter for 2010 XC70

toma nova
08-25-2013, 03:03 PM
I've seen a couple of different references here to replace the cabin air filter (aka pollen filter) and thought I'd post my definitive process for a 2010.

Remove the passenger floor mat.
Remove the panel under the glovebox by removing two Torx 25 screws. Unplug the light and remove the panel.
Remove the side panel (near the passenger's left knee) by pulling gently starting at the front; there are four press in / pull out tabs. be careful but firm - you won't break anything if you pull straight out away from the center console.
Pull down the carpet to expose the fuse block. Unplug the large turquoise plug going into the fuse block. Remove the fuse block cover (two press tabs on the sides).
Detach the fuse block by pulling out and down on the top of the block; this is just a press fit, and the two bottom tabs will then lift out. Move the fuse block out the way.
To remove the cabin air filter cover, depress the three tabs on the front edge of the cover closest to the engine while gently pulling the cover to the rear away from the firewall. Note that the three tabs at the rear edge of the cover act as hinges - you can pry these loose (as I did) to remove the cover, but it's not pretty; easier to use the actual tabs on the front edge near the engine.
To remove the filter, you'll need to "roll" it out of the housing, kind of folding / rolling it into itself since the space is very limited. This is possible because the Mann CUK2733 does not have any rigid plastic in it and it is very flexible.
Reverse with the new filter.

HTH,
Tom

XCovlov70
09-01-2013, 11:58 AM
While I did not remove the Fuse Block which might have made it a bit easier getting the old filter out which was the charcoal impregnated type, the new one went in OK (Non Charcoal type).

The whole replacement process seemed to take a long time to complete, and by the time I was finished, I nearly was physically 'knackered' from spending so much time on my back looking at bits of plastic!

I think I lost around 2 pints of fluid in dehydration and needed half a bottle of Shower Gel and a L O N G shower to get back to as near 'normal' as possible! :D:D

All I can say is 'Thank the Spaceman' that I don't have to repeat this 'exercise' for another 40,000 Miles otherwise I need to get down the gym 6 months before to get a bit fitter! [thumbup]

MartinK
09-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Thanks for posting this, chaps, I'll get off down the gym tonight to get fit enough to give it a go.

Mine's not been changed for 2 years, so it's probably overdue.

I assume the Mann CUK2733 is the one to get?

Cheers

XCovlov70
09-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Thanks for posting this, chaps, I'll get off down the gym tonight to get fit enough to give it a go.

Cheers

Not sure about the part number as I got my replacement (NON Charcoal type) from the Volvo Dealer which set me back £28!

However have just found out that I you can now get an OEM type and you won't need a Bank Loan to get it!#

I have ordered one from the OEM Outlet which I will collect next Monday 9th Sept 2013, so I can let you know the Part Number and price for the OEM Charcoal type. [thumbup]

XCovlov70
09-09-2013, 03:20 AM

Cheers

Hi Martin,

Just got the Charcoal Cabin Filter from the OEM Parts shop.

Part Number is ADF122502 so you should be able to cross check this with other manufacturers.

Cost was £20 + VAT [thumbup] as opposed to the one that comes in the 'All Blue Box' which will set you back double that price! [mad2]

Hope the Gym sessions helped you get fit to attempt the 'Mission'?

toma nova
09-24-2013, 07:02 PM

Cheers

This Mann number will be in their usual yellow and green box. I'm not sure of the Volvo part number (blue box), but this Mann is charcoal and fits perfectly. I order from amazon.com for $20 each - looks like GBP31 from amazon.co.uk for you guys.

BTW, US cars call for this to be changed every 15k miles - I'm laying on my back in the passenger foot well once a year here!

Tom

XCovlov70
09-24-2013, 11:12 PM
This Mann number will be in their usual yellow and green box. I'm not sure of the Volvo part number (blue box), but this Mann is charcoal and fits perfectly. I order from amazon.com for $20 each - looks like GBP31 from amazon.co.uk for you guys.

BTW, US cars call for this to be changed every 15k miles - I'm laying on my back in the passenger foot well once a year here!

Tom

Hi toma nova.

I hope laying on your back every twelve months to swap this filter out is not going to be detrimental to your health? :)

While I swapped mine at 40,000 Miles which is what is called for on the service check list, it worked out just over 2 years old.

$20 for the Charcoal Impregnated Filter seems very cheap and would compare with the OEM Non-charcoal type over here (£13) while the Charcoal type cost me £24 or $36 including the taxes from the car spares dealer.