PDA

View Full Version : UK Speed / Camera Sat Nav POI - Navteq

Chris1975
06-09-2013, 03:13 AM
Hi All

I have just taken delivery of my 2013 V40 XC, it has the Volvo Nav pack installed running Navteq maps, does anyone know how I can install speed / camera POI?

Thanks

XCovlov70
06-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Hi All

I have just taken delivery of my 2013 V40 XC, it has the Volvo Nav pack installed running Navteq maps, does anyone know how I can install speed / camera POI?

Thanks

If the Volvo Nav pack runs off DVD's then in a word you cannot install anything extra onto it as the DVD's are not accessible.
Your best bet is to buy a TomTom or Garmin as that system is much more user friendly, easier to update while you can install lots of POI's for all sorts of things.

I also have the Volvo Nav pack in our XC70 and to be honest it is pretty bloody useless as my TomTom leaves it standing when it comes to updates, POI's and Travel Routes/Itineraries.

Sorry to be a kill joy.

Chris1975
06-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi, thanks for you reply, you can import new poi via USB or a DVD and supposedly @ gaps world you can get the files in gpx format which work?

Chris1975
06-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi thanks for your reply!

Supposedly you can download the files required as poi from GPSworld in gpx format that work and upload them via either USB or DVD but don't know whether I want to spend £19.99 on a trial?

XCovlov70
06-12-2013, 03:22 AM
Hi thanks for your reply!

Supposedly you can download the files required as poi from GPSworld in gpx format that work and upload them via either USB or DVD but don't know whether I want to spend £19.99 on a trial?

The DVD's that the Volvo system uses are locked and cannot be added to, so you would be wasting your time and money to try.

At least if you got a 'Stand Alone' GPS like Garmin or TomTom then:
a) You can take it with you to your next vehicle.
b) You can update your Maps and POI's from a variety of places a lot cheaper than a new set of DVD's will cost you from Volvo, and don't forget that the DVD's don't have what you want, and what you want cannot be added to them.

Chris1975
06-18-2013, 12:45 AM
It doesn't run off of DVDs the map is loaded via DVD then is installed in the car poi can then be uploaded to the system either via DVD or USB

XCovlov70
06-22-2013, 10:13 PM
It doesn't run off of DVDs the map is loaded via DVD then is installed in the car poi can then be uploaded to the system either via DVD or USB

OK then as the DVD's are 'locked' and cannot be added to, try putting the POI's in a file on a USB stick, plug it into the USB socket and see what happens.

roman30
10-27-2014, 11:50 PM
he DVD's that the Volvo system uses are locked and cannot be added to, so you would be wasting your time and money to try.

At least if you got a 'Stand Alone' GPS like Garmin or TomTom then:
a) You can take it with you to your next vehicle.
b) You can update your Maps and POI's from a variety of places a lot cheaper than a new set of DVD's will cost you from Volvo, and