PDA

View Full Version : Misc. options?

LooksLikeSnow
11-14-2003, 12:21 PM
The car's paid for and on the boat. We expect it to arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Blue, Taupe, Premium, Versatility, Touring, DSTC, Xenon.

While snooping in the Roll Call I noticed some options listed that I've not seen offered for our '04:

Level movement sensor
Interior mass movement sensor
Self leveling shocks

How can I tell if my vehicle has these items or not? Are they included in the packages or offered separately?

Thanks,

Kevin
Anchorage, Alaska

SpudRacer
11-14-2003, 06:59 PM
Kevin,

All three options are not a part of any option packages and are ordered separately. It is unlikely that your will find these options on any XC70 on any dealer lot, at least not in the US. If you didn't order them the car will not have them.

If you have the motion detector, the car will have the sensor up on the roof (I believe just aft of the sunroof). You will then also have a extra switch on your center console switch panel to disable the motion sensor at will.

As for the self-levelling shocks, you can load the car with some heavy object in the rear until it sags terribly, then drive it carefully around the block, if it is still sagging when you stop, it doesn't have self levelling shocks. The window sticker should say if your car has any of these as well.

Enjoy your new XC70 when it finally arrives Kevin. Post some pictures when you get a chance, we all love to see new XC70s!!  http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thumbs-up.gif

Welcome to the forum,

Tom