PDA

View Full Version : Air bag code SRS-0105

seth1065
05-16-2013, 06:27 PM
hey folks need some help here , I have been keeping my 01 xc for my daughter the last year until she is ready to drive in sept, I drive it maybe once a week it hit 175 k this week, I just replaced the alarm siren module last week to the tune of $600 and now I have this SRS air bag light on that my indy will not touch , dealer wants $700 bucks to replace the front drivers side airbag control unit. What is this and do I need it? am i better buy a used seat from a salvage yard, can not say I want to dump 1300 bucks in this car , but if i have to I will ( hell I am 600 in already) The idea was to have her drive it for a few years with lille dollars in it as I have put about 5,000 grand in it while I drove it the last three years before getting a new car ( tires brakes water pump batt sunroof...) I figured I replaced most of teh maintance stuff so should be good for awhile and now this. Any help with be great. Thanks

howardc64
05-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Did the SRS light come on right when you picked up the car after the alarm siren module work? If so, might just need to be reset with Volvo diag tool. But I'm assuming dealer should have tried that already before quoting you the side airbag control unit.

$600 is quite pricy for an alarm siren module replacement. Sounds like high end dealer parts price + book rate for service. Might want to look for a more reasonably priced repair shop.

billr99
05-17-2013, 04:15 AM
$600 is quite pricy for an alarm siren module replacement. Sounds like high end dealer parts price + book rate for service. Might want to look for a more reasonably priced repair shop.

That's not "pricey", that is an absolute ripoff. List on a OEM new module is around $200 and it only took me 45 minutes to change it and I had never done one before. The best answer is either buy a used one (around $75 from Eire as I recall) or, if possible, rebuild the original (its a $10 to $15 repair if the circuit board is still good) and do the job yourself. It's hardly brain surgery.

Cheers,

Bill

seth1065
05-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Are you saying buy a used one for the SRS sensor?

That's not "pricey", that is an absolute ripoff. List on a OEM new module is around $200 and it only took me 45 minutes to change it and I had never done one before. The best answer is either buy a used one (around $75 from Eire as I recall) or, if possible, rebuild the original (its a $10 to $15 repair if the circuit board is still good) and do the job yourself. It's hardly brain surgery.

Cheers,

Bill

seth1065
05-18-2013, 06:02 PM
No the SRS light was one when I took the car in for the sunroof not opening which was the Alarm Module they said. So still not sure what options I have for the SRS light