PDA

View Full Version : Trim around window replacement?

martinimit
05-06-2013, 09:09 PM
The trim that I'm talking about is the 1 inch, white trim that borders each side of the front window and runs up on the roof to the back. Ours is coming apart and need to replacement. Any suggestions?

Tahoe_XC
05-06-2013, 09:53 PM
These trim pieces pop off if/when your windshield is replaced. When i got a crack in our 01 i remember looking into and found The parts can be ordered per paint color. Thought was to have the window installer replace when he put in new windshield. In the end I decided against.

martinimit
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks Tahoe. It's two pieces of moulding that run up the sides of the windshield and all the way back over the roof.

passleft
05-08-2013, 06:19 PM
The pieces on each side of the window are separate, but visually connect to the lines on the roof. I had the one on the drivers side of the windshield blow off somewhere in Wyoming in 60+ MPH gusts while driving at about 80(ish)... I ordered a replacement from the Volvo dealer, color matched to the color of the car and it looked great, although word of advice, they come a little longer so you have to trim them to fit your car, I didn't do that and it wasn't sitting closely against the window and popped off about a year later. one of the other projects on my list... buy more plastic clips...