PDA

View Full Version : Meyle HD warranty in US? 48 months?

TheDarkKnightt
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Let me state first, that I do not have a problem with any Meyle product.

I'm asking, does anyone know what the "mileage" warranty is on Meyle HD products? I see that on their website, their warranty is 48 months on all "HD" products.

Sounds good to me, if it's straight 48 mos. [thumbup]

Anyone used their HD control arms? Are they any better?

I've finally worn out a set of poly bushes on my control arms. I've got to look up when they were installed, but likely 150K ago. I need to take pictures, as it shows that poly does wear out!

Kind of a side, unrelated question...but has anyone tried one of the aftermarket PCV oil separator elbow hoses? They are half the price of the Volvo one, didn't know if they are any good. Just found that someone makes them after doing a complete PCV job with all OEM.

JRL
05-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Don't!!

TheDarkKnightt
05-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Don't!!

Ok. I'll take your word for it. You haven't steered me wrong before. *pun intended* [thumbup] I guess you meant "non-Scantech" aftermarket from FCP is for other models, in the "OEM thread."

Then, since I don't mind a tiny bit extra vibration, and liked the poly bushes before and did get more than acceptable use from them, I guess I will go back with them.

I will say, that they are not for everyone, and I do keep a check on them, and they are to a point they need replacing.
My main reason for them, is I pull a trailer now 50% of the time my car is on the road.

*New revelation!!!*

After wondering about your comment, I had to do some digging. I figured out that Meyle is just a german company that brands chinese stuff with their name. [sly]
I thought they were a "German maufacturing company," when they say they are "German engineered" and not at all made in Germany. :(

Doesn't anyone make better stuff than OEM? Seems that doesn't happen too often. :p They certainly spend money advertising it though.
Well, even M1 Abram tanks wear out and have to be refurbished. [thumbup]

billr99
05-06-2013, 04:44 AM
After wondering about your comment, I had to do some digging. I figured out that Meyle is just a german company that brands chinese stuff with their name. [sly]
I thought they were a "German maufacturing company," when they say they are "German engineered" and not at all made in Germany. :(
[thumbup]

Pretty much all part of this globalization BS that we have now. From what I've seen, it is rare anymore to see German companies actually making anything in Germany or, for that matter, many of the parts on our Volvos made where you would think they might be. Many of the bits I've stumbled across that were identified are from Spain, France, China, Italy, Brazil, Poland. I recall reading fairly recently of a guy who was getting a tour of a plant in China responsible for packaging auto electrical components from Bosch. The boxes were your typical yellow and red Bosch boxes that said "Made in Germany" on them, but here they were in China with bits being stuffed into them by Chinese workers. The parts themselves did not have identification clearly marked but the presumption was that Bosch didn't bother shipping the parts from Germany to China just so they could be stuffed in a box there.

The bottom line here is that if you expect to be able to buy bits exclusively made in Europe for your European-made car; well, it just isn't going to happen. Having all European-made bits on a new European car isn't happening either. If there is a good side to all of this is the fact that it does go the other way a bit. I looked at a new Hyundai the other day and just happened to see some gizmo under the hood with a "Made in Germany" label. Now I will admit it seemed a bit predominate so maybe it was there for fluff; but if true, it shows that at least some elements of globalization are spread around to even the more traditional auto manufacturing countries.

For us specifically, we just need to communicate via the forums what bits we've had bad luck with and those that we have had decent service from. As you get up there, it becomes a bit harder to tell in my opinion. At 337K kms, I've seen OEM, Meyle, Scan-Tech, Lemforder all fail early and all perform as expected. As a recent example, ball joints. Over the last 5 years I've replaced 6 of them (the roads here take their toll) and I can tell you that I've had early failures twice with Lemforder. The Meyle ones seem to holding in there similar to the OEM and the one Scan-Tech I have in there currently is doing better than the Lemforder it replaced. I just replaced a full set (4) of Meyle sway bar end links that I put on over 100K ago to replace the original OEM ones. They were still in usable condition but I thought that was fantastic for endlinks as I could never get OEM ones to last more than about 50K on my 850R and Gen 1 V70 and those cars were used on way better roads than I drive on now.

Cheers,

Bill

Xheart
05-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm asking, does anyone know what the "mileage" warranty is on Meyle HD products? I see that on their website, their warranty is 48 months on all "HD" products.

Sounds good to me, if it's straight 48 mos. [thumbup]

Anyone used their HD control arms? Are they any better?

I've finally worn out a set of poly bushes on my control arms. I've got to look up when they were installed, but likely 150K ago. I need to take pictures, as it shows that poly does wear out!

I am running on Meyle HD control arms in combo with Lemförder ball-joint. It felt right when compared with the Volvo that came off. Shaped identical, similar contours, and steers well.

And yes, replace the bolts, raise the engine a little, and torque correctly.