View Full Version : Stripping down a rear door?

StuntmanMike
04-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Anyone know of any write ups on stripping down a rear door? I have the panel off, but want to take the glass and everything out to get it down to just a shell. Thanks.

JRL
04-25-2013, 07:27 PM
I thought you bought a door?
They usually come with glass

StuntmanMike
04-25-2013, 08:45 PM
I want to put the glass that came with my car in the new door because A) I want the numbers on the glass to match, and B) my car has the optional factory tint that the donor door doesn't have. It would look a bit silly with different tints! Plus my car has the power child locks and the donor door doesn't. I really don't care if they work or not, but I'm thinking the wiring harness won't match.

I suppose I could just let the body shop do it, as it has to go in to get the front door fixed/resprayed anyway, but I figure any work that they don't have to do = money in my pocket.

I've had the door a few weeks now, I've just been lazy about taking it in to get fixed. I hate dealing with body shops, I have a hard time believing that any of them will actually do a good job. I'm sick of looking at it though, and want to just get it done soon.

JRL
04-26-2013, 04:54 AM
Let the body shop do it and have them install NEW rivets in the regulator