PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a couple questions......

trekker
04-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi all I am new to the forum and Volvo. Just bought my first Volvo (2004 V70 XC) two days ago. I need to buy a retractable rear cargo cover and wanted to know if a 2002 V70 one would fit my 2004 XC70? I know the model runs 2001-2007 but have heard some say 2001-2004 and then 2005-2007. Are the interior parts the same on a V70 as an XC70? Also my headlight seem to be pointing very low, I believe i have the HIDs. Can i adjust these myself. I've done a search but only found info on the self adjusting Xenon headlights. I notice people call these models different things; V70 XC, XC70 and some others. Are there differences or all the same model? Thanks in advance.

Swagger XC
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. First yes a luggage cover from a 02 will fit. Second yes the model years run from 01-07 but the cars were face-lifted in the 05 model year with new bumpers, headlights, etc... And the interior parts for a xc can be different depending on the parts. The only major difference is the stitching on the seats and in the door panels but pretty much anything else from a v70 will fit, with the exception from ccm's and radios from 05 model year face-lift cars. Also on 04-07 model years interior trim changed from gray to charcoal. As for your headlights you might need to specify as to if they are HID bulbs in the standard halogen housing or they are the optional xenon lights that came on 04 cars. And as for the names these cars were called v70 xc's from 01-02 but were changed to xc70 in 03 when the xc90 was introduced to make classifying the two easier, also on 01-02 cars had a viscous coupling style all wheel drive system vs. the haldex system on later cars.

JRL
04-18-2013, 11:32 PM
If these are factory xenons, there is a white 6 mm adjusting screw in a hole over each headlight
Find it, look inside and see a white plastic nut head
use a 6mm socket with an extension, turn clockwise about 2 turns

trekker
04-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. I believe i have the HIDs. JRL, when you say two turns do you mean two full rotations?

JRL
04-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Approx yes.
Do this at night (after you find where the adjustment nuts are.
Shine the lights against either a (garage) wall or the rear of a car, (better).
If the car you can actually see how high you adjust them. If they shine into the car, they're too high.
If they stop at the top of a decklid, it's about right
Usually 2 full turns is about right.