PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle repair history

men2be
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Hello!
I bought a 2004 XC70 last month. Carfax shows a service history at the original dealer for the entire 9 years it was owned by the previous owner. I would like to have an in depth repair history. I contacted the dealer and they will only provide a summary history which does not give detailed repairs done to the car. Just vague things like driveability, power windows, auto trans concern ect..
Can anyone look up a repair history for my car or is this the best I can hope for?
Many thanks!!

Volky_one
04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
In January this yea I bought a 2005 XC70, one owner with carfax report, the report looks good and a car to be one owner sound good too, but when you look at a service record, you get nothing other than general maintenance like oil change and a bunch of inspetions. It does not tell you whether the timing belt has been changed or what major maintainance has been done,considering my car had 97000miles when I bought it.

JRL
04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
and that's all you will get unless you're real good friends with the dealer

DakotaMike
04-02-2013, 12:51 PM
I had the same problem so I had the local dealer do my last oil change just to have a chance to speak with the service writer while I was giving them some cash. Yes I can do my own oil change but putting a little business their way lubricates the keyboard fingers. He wouldn't print it out but he did turn the monitor around so I could see the history.

men2be
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Only problem there is the dealer is 8 hours away! Thanks for the reply though. I wonder if a local dealer can get the info????

I had the same problem so I had the local dealer do my last oil change just to have a chance to speak with the service writer while I was giving them some cash. Yes I can do my own oil change but putting a little business their way lubricates the keyboard fingers. He wouldn't print it out but he did turn the monitor around so I could see the history.

Xheart
04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Only problem there is the dealer is 8 hours away! Thanks for the reply though. I wonder if a local dealer can get the info????

My experience with service staff is positive.
Only the original dealership which sold the vehicle would be able to help.
Person will not reveal all records to you, however, it is likely that a specific topic or repair would get you ample to work with.
Give it a try, call!