PDA

View Full Version : Harness failure, trans to Motronic?

nortons
02-11-2013, 06:09 PM
My 2000 V70XC has had trans replaced 4 1/2 months and about 4500 miles ago. All was good until last week. Dreaded flashing arrow, multiple codes; output speed sensor, P01618, "fault between AW50-42 and Motronic", ABS, etc. All transmission related. Shop that replaced trans with used item checked car over, checked connections, etc, cleared codes and all was well until today. Same codes back, car goes back to shop in morning. I'm suspecting that while examining car they "wiggled' connector or harness and re-established connection. Lots of rainy, snowy weather lately and returning P01618 code, "fault between AW50-42 and Motronic" is due to either an internal fault in the harness or a bad connector. Junkyards around here, (SE Michigan) are full of these cars, all seemingly with bad transmissions. Most have virtually rust free bodies and trashed interiors with good motors. Anybody here ever replace this harness from the trans to the Motronic? Or have problems with this? There are probably 15-20 cars in salvage yards within a half hour of here to pull a replacement harness from, but I'm wondering about difficulty at Motronic end. any experience/advice?

nortons
05-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Problem was bad ABS module.