PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Brake booster now I cannot push the pedal!

cmercon
01-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Simply put, replaced the brake booster, never removed the master cylinder, everything went like cake, started the car and I cannot push the pedal down at all.
Is there an adjustment to the push-rod? missed something?

Astro14
01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
How did you replace the booster without removing the master? It has to come off to get the booster out (those 4 nuts on the front hold the master to the booster, those 4 bolts on the inside of the firewall hold the booster to the firewall...)...

Sounds like there is no vacuum going to the booster...are all the lines intact and reconnected?

Other possibility is indeed the pushrod...did that get misaligned when the boster or master went in?

cmercon
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
By not taking the master off I mean I didn't take the brake lines off of the master just moved it slightly out of the way. i just checked the vacuum and i am indeed getting vacuum.
How could the rod become misaligned? I would really like to get this smoothed out tonight.

cmercon
01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Just checked and yep, could not align the shaft with the hole the first time (there is a joke in there somewhere.) The pedal does seem a little sponge now and the engine bogs down a bit when the brake is pressed but I cannot hear any air leaking anywhere!

Astro14
01-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Good news...had a feeling that you were going to have to take it apart to see...