PDA

View Full Version : OEM part list

JRL
01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
List of what parts you should use, who makes which parts that you can buy and not be stuck with buying Blue Box.

Volvo parts

Oil filter - OEM is Mann, aftermarket must have a check valve; Mahle, Bosch, Mobil1, K&N
Fuel filter - OEM is Bosch
Spark plugs - Genuine Volvo or Bosch Copper
Ignition wire - OEM is Bougicord, avoid any aftermarket
Cap/Rotor - OEM is Bosch
Shocks/struts - OEM is Boge/Sachs, Bilstein and Koni also good
Strut bearings - OEM is Boge/Sachs
Spring seats - OEM is Boge/Sachs, or IPD HD
Control arms - Genuine Volvo best, non-Scantech from FCP sometimes decent
MAF Sensor - OEM is Bosch
ECT Sensor - Genuine Volvo
Thermostat - OEM is Wahler
Oxygen Sensor - Genuine Volvo (is there an OEM exact fit?)
Cam/Crank Seals - Genuine Volvo
Timing and Accessory Belts - OEM is Continental
Timing belt tensioner: OEM is Aisin
Accessory belt tensioner: Genuine Volvo
Timing and Accessory Pulleys: Genuine Volvo
Water pumps: OEM is Aisin, HEPU also reputably good
Wheel bearings: FAG is OEM, or SKF
PCV hoses: Genuine Volvo
Lower engine mounts: Genuine Volvo
Front (belt-side) engine mount: Genuine Volvo
Lower torque mount: Genuine Volvo or IPD HD with slight vibration
Upper main torque mount: Genuine Volvo or IPD HD with slight vibration
Upper rear (firewall) torque mount: Genuine Volvo
Heater core: Behr is OEM, the FCP unit needs washing or its smelly
Rubber hoses: Genuine Volvo or high-grade silicone aftermarket

cmadness
02-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice thread, I learned the hard way on a few of these items. I only shop FCP, IPD, OEM Volvo. And it's pretty much in that order.

Xheart
11-26-2013, 09:55 AM
This is a very helpful thread Jim. Thank you.

I have replaced ALL mounts and pads around the engine in my two cars. Volvo where affordable, else these are Lemförder, Hutchinson, and Coretco – OEMs for Volvo. I am curious as to "why the manufacturer name is scrapped off from each OEM part"? Only proof is their beat up package.

Also, would you order Genuine Volvo or an OEM part if price is within few bucks? What makes it a Genuine Volvo?

pawpower
12-27-2013, 07:55 PM
great list ! thanks...Anyone know what the Bosch part # is for the O2 sensors are (up/down stream) ? PartsGeek offers a few, but I can ID the correct sensor for my ride?

I am about replace the cat converter and exhaust system on my 1998 v70xc (awd) 2.4L turbo...Given I am not worried about passing CA emission standards, I found an aftermarket cat and exhaust which was reasonably price. {Of course, price is meaningless, if the parts will only fit in the box - so I am rolling the dice this weekend.} However - I was not able to identify the correct part # for the O2 sensors (up/down stream). Does anyone know how to identify the chassis # on the car ? Bosch offers a few different sensors, but they reference the chassis number as the key to sourcing the correct part. Volvo wants $200/each, and the Bosch units are $100/each ? Denso makes a few as well, but it is unclear which unit will work ? Both Bosch and Denso offer a few different sensors - all for this same car? So which is the correct one ? Thanks All...enjoy the day

Xheart
12-29-2013, 08:12 PM
great list ! thanks...Anyone know what the Bosch part # is for the O2 sensors are (up/down stream) ? PartsGeek offers a few, but I can ID the correct sensor for my ride?

I am about replace the cat converter and exhaust system on my 1998 v70xc (awd) 2.4L turbo...Given I am not worried about passing CA emission standards, I found an aftermarket cat and exhaust which was reasonably price. {Of course, price is meaningless, if the parts will only fit in the box - so I am rolling the dice this weekend.} However - I was not able to identify the correct part # for the O2 sensors (up/down stream). Does anyone know how to identify the chassis # on the car ? Bosch offers a few different sensors, but they reference the chassis number as the key to sourcing the correct part. Volvo wants $200/each, and the Bosch units are $100/each ? Denso makes a few as well, but it is unclear which unit will work ? Both Bosch and Denso offer a few different sensors - all for this same car? So which is the correct one ? Thanks All...enjoy the day

Last six digits of VIN is chassis #. Also see http://www.rmeuropean.com/volvo-parts.aspx#Category

2002V70XC
10-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Hi JRL,
I'm wondering if Volvo has changed their partner for their OEM strut mount bearing because FCP listed this (Lemfoerder OEM):
http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-suspension-strut-mount-front-upper-30714968

JRL
10-13-2014, 05:00 AM
Because ALL are the XC90 mounts now

2002V70XC
10-13-2014, 05:25 AM
Because ALL are the XC90 mounts now
Thanks

Ren
10-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the time, effort and the initiative compiling this list!

Question about the oil filters - my understanding is the XC70 uses a cartridge filter (atleast mine does, 2007). So how come a check valve? Isnt that integrated into the housing itself?

Ren.

List of what parts you should use, who makes which parts that you can buy and not be stuck with buying Blue Box.

Volvo parts

Oil filter - OEM is Mann, aftermarket must have a check valve; Mahle, Bosch, Mobil1, K&N
Fuel filter - OEM is Bosch
Spark plugs - Genuine Volvo or Bosch Copper
Ignition wire - OEM is Bougicord, avoid any aftermarket
Cap/Rotor - OEM is Bosch
Shocks/struts - OEM is Boge/Sachs, Bilstein and Koni also good
Spring seats - OEM is Boge/Sachs, or IPD HD
Control arms - Genuine Volvo best, non-Scantech from FCP sometimes decent
MAF Sensor - OEM is Bosch
ECT Sensor - Genuine Volvo
Thermostat - OEM is Wahler
Oxygen Sensor - Genuine Volvo (is there an OEM exact fit?)
Cam/Crank Seals - Genuine Volvo
Timing and Accessory Belts - OEM is Continental
Timing belt tensioner: OEM is Aisin
Accessory belt tensioner: Genuine Volvo
Timing and Accessory Pulleys: Genuine Volvo
Water pumps: OEM is Aisin, HEPU also reputably good
Wheel bearings: FAG is OEM, or SKF
PCV hoses: Genuine Volvo
Lower engine mounts: Genuine Volvo
Front (belt-side) engine mount: Genuine Volvo
Lower torque mount: Genuine Volvo or IPD HD with slight vibration
Upper main torque mount: Genuine Volvo or IPD HD with slight vibration
Upper rear (firewall) torque mount: Genuine Volvo
Heater core: Behr is OEM, the FCP unit needs washing or its smelly
Rubber hoses: Genuine Volvo or high-grade silicone aftermarket

monochamus
02-19-2015, 08:36 PM
hi guys
anyone can give me the part number of spark plugs ignition wire (bougicord)
my car is Xc70 2006 2.5t
thanks in advance

Antherzoll
02-20-2015, 06:09 PM
No ignition wires, it's a coil on plug set up.

monochamus
03-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Anyone has experience with coils BERU or BOSCH? Volvo IMO is TOO expensive

Astro14
03-27-2015, 12:02 PM
I've used Bosch (from Amazon, much cheaper than other sources, but I don't know what your options are in Chile). They work just fine. In fact, I'll bet the Volvo part is simply a Bosch part with the word "Volvo" silk screened on it and packaged in a Volvo box...

Don't know about Beru...

JRL
03-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Volvo coil IS Bosch

billr99
03-28-2015, 05:52 AM
I've got 5 Bosch and so far they've lasted longer than the original Volvo-labelled ones.

Cheers,

Bill

ephexis
03-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the time, effort and the initiative compiling this list!

Question about the oil filters - my understanding is the XC70 uses a cartridge filter (atleast mine does, 2007). So how come a check valve? Isnt that integrated into the housing itself?

Ren.

I would also like to know the answer to this - in the few cases where a seller lists whether or not there is a check valve, compatible cartridge filters don't seem to have one (including the brands listed in the OP). So is this something to worry about, or should any good quality, compatible filter be okay?

Thanks, and thanks for this very helpful reference!

dlundblad
03-18-2018, 03:55 PM
Very good list.

Anyone know of a good radiator? Nissens and Behr both look decent price wise on FCP.

pbierre
03-18-2018, 07:57 PM
The check valve is built into the oil filter. The purpose is to prevent oil from draining back into the pan when the car is off. That way,
oil starts flowing to the bearing points more rapidly at engine startup. This lengthens the life of the engine considerably, since any unlubricated
friction wears the bearing surfaces.

Tahoe_XC
03-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Very good list.

Anyone know of a good radiator? Nissens and Behr both look decent price wise on FCP.

I have put a Behr in my 06 and a NAPA in my 01. The NAPA radiator was a time crunch. I was disappointed in the Behr. Its plastic was just cheap, there was not the metal inside of the section where the hose mounts like there was on the Volvo one that I removed or the NAPA. That said I was not impressed with the NAPA final seam. That said both are functioning in the cars.

billr99
03-19-2018, 06:42 AM
I have put a Behr in my 06 and a NAPA in my 01. The NAPA radiator was a time crunch. I was disappointed in the Behr. Its plastic was just cheap, there was not the metal inside of the section where the hose mounts like there was on the Volvo one that I removed or the NAPA. That said I was not impressed with the NAPA final seam. That said both are functioning in the cars.

Stock rad is a Valeo isn't it? Surprising about the Behr though as they are a OEM supplier to a fair number of the Euro brands. NAPA one is probably from them as well.

Cheers,

Bill

JRL
03-19-2018, 08:02 AM
Nissens makes a decent radiator. I've installed several with no issues