PDA

View Full Version : Problems with overheated haldex system on your xc7

Mr_Westlake
01-09-2003, 05:14 PM
A test in a Swedish car magazine shows that the new XC90 has problems with an overheated Haldex system when pressed hard up hills in deep snow. That results in a failure, so the car goes from All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) drive to front wheel drive (FWD) when the system is overheated. After cooling down the system works normally again. They say it’s due to an under dimensioned Haldex clutch for the XC90.

It must be stated that the car was pressed hard for several minutes and it seems like they are not alone even the BMW X5 had a similar problem with their system under the same circumstances.

My question is has anyone of you noticed this problem on the XC70 that is using the new Haldex system?

Cheers

Mr_Westlake
08-27-2003, 06:14 AM
Should have been answered a long time ago (this spring). I have tested and the same problem goes for the XC70 -03 (Haldex) as described above. Of course you have to press the car very very hard but still. I let the car go uphill (quite steep) about 250m in ~3 dm (~12 inches) wet snow took the car down did it all over again and when I was at the top for the third time It failed and the car went FWD. After cooling for just about minute it was ok again and ready to go. I have to say that my driving style was a bit provocative. I let the system do all the work (DSTC and Haldex) and just pressed the pedal to the bottom. (Full throttle)

/Mr Westlake

Willy
08-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Quote: "even the BMW X5 had a similar problem ".
Does that mean that BMW's are supposed to be perfect?  http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif
Willy

Mr_Westlake
08-28-2003, 01:14 AM
Willy wrote: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does that mean that BMW&#39;s are supposed to be perfect?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'> No, not at all only wanted to tell that also other cars not just Volvo have this kind of problems. Matter of fact Mercedes (ML 320) didn’t&#33; So what that say, that Mercedes are a perfect car? No just that they are equipped with a more robust 4-weel-drive system. &nbsp;http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
Cheers