PDA

View Full Version : Would you order a Diesel for your next Volvo if available?

Forkster
01-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm going to forward the poll results to Volvo once compiled... :)

budrichard
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Since the new Audi 'AllRoad' is in no way an implementation of its predecessor, it's not even a consideration for me. Wanted A6 size and adjustable suspension with Diesel, oh well, am getting to used to vehicle manufacures trying to tell me what THEY think I want/need to drive!
Basically next AWD will have to have plug in option or will keep one XC with an EV.
Just sprung for 981, so I am very poor at the momemt and current inventory should keep us going for at least 6 years.
Run 1999 into ground (performingly quite well at 140K miles) 2003 sits in garage and wife drives 2011. With the 1999 and 2003, I should be able to skip one vehicle purchase.
BTW don't mean to be so pessimistic or blunt but we will see a Diesel XC when the proverbial 'pig's fly'!-Dick

OKCXC70
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
When I was in Germany, I had a new V50 Turbo Diesel loaner. Going up the long hill from the Spangdahlem area into Belgium, I blew the turbo. It was the A60/E42. The tow truck driver who eventually picked me up and towed the vehicle said he picked up Volvo turbo diesels all the time on that hill.

XCovlov70
01-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Currently we have just over 26K on the clock of 'Flamenco Red' (XC70 D5 SE Lux) of which the majority of the miles have been run up with a 1500Kg 'Tin Tent' hitched up.

We have hauled the 'Tin Tent' over a number of Mountain Ranges in Europe and now in Morocco with no problems whatsoever with the engine, however when 'hill climbing' I do as a matter of course change down and rarely exceed 3000 RPM on the Tacho. [thumbup][thumbup]

giorgio
01-05-2013, 10:41 AM
When I was in Germany, I had a new V50 Turbo Diesel loaner. Going up the long hill from the Spangdahlem area into Belgium, I blew the turbo. It was the A60/E42. The tow truck driver who eventually picked me up and towed the vehicle said he picked up Volvo turbo diesels all the time on that hill.
In Italy and Europe too 60% of the car is turbodiesel and sometimes someone " blew the turbo ", the same of gasoline engine.

aron.guerin
01-06-2013, 05:43 AM
I like the price of diesel more than gasoline but I ain't sure if it can make the car running like it was designed to run. Diesel can be harder to burn for the machine.

ingemar Carlsson
02-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick of telling everyone that there are 3 -5 diesel engines in Europe but not here for my 010 xc70. I spoke with the global marketing chief Per. He assured me that Volvo wasnt selling enough here in the US to make it worth retooling for US emissions standards. I was trying to smuggle a deisel engine but too complicated. Better to switch to Audi or VW once they put there deisel in Allroads or other now and forget my lifelong loyalty to Volv SADDDDDDDDDDD. Tumpta pau loften

gleitzahl
02-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick of telling everyone that there are 3 -5 diesel engines in Europe but not here for my 010 xc70. I spoke with the global marketing chief Per. He assured me that Volvo wasnt selling enough here in the US to make it worth retooling for US emissions standards. I was trying to smuggle a deisel engine but too complicated. Better to switch to Audi or VW once they put there deisel in Allroads or other now and forget my lifelong loyalty to Volv SADDDDDDDDDDD. Tumpta pau loften

Sounds strange. I can assure you that current EU emission standards (Euro 5) are by no means looser than the US, there must be some marketing issue behind the decision. Maybe Diesels are simply regarded as not being "cool" in the US. Yet be assured that the XC70 seems to be made around the D5 engine, and it runs beautifully with it.

budrichard
02-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Well, with 13 would be buyers, I don't think Volvo USA will be importing any diesels.
For me the window has passed for a diesel and a plug in hybrid has become a necessity for my next vehicle for general use.
What vehicle that will be, I don't have clue but I rather think it will not be a Volvo.-Dick