PDA

View Full Version : Double up dog gates for big dog

Jlermanvt
11-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Hello. We have a Newfoundland dog and are hoping to get an xc70. I've always had my newfies in a crate when traveling, but have had decent sized SUVs for many years. No large crate will fit in the xc70 of course. In fact the dog won't be able to stand fully in there either. But the inner 31 inch height sufficient. We've seen the dog gate that you can combine with the behind the seat barrier plus the vertical divider barrier. We have seen that there are left and right dog gates so you could even create two "crate" like spaces in the back. But we are hoping to combine the left and right *without* the vertical divider so that our dog can have the entire width of the cargo area. The common solution will be too cramped for him. After a lot of web searching, I saw mention of someone doing this with the older gates in a thread dated from 2007, so the whole pack and load setup may have been quite different.

Has anyone successfully done this with something 2008 and beyond? We have to figure this out before we can decide on our next vehicle and I reallllllly want the XC70. :)

Here is a link to the gate in question

http://volvopartspeople.com/SearchProduct.asp?Model=XC70&catid=3540134332253622&year=12&productdesc=Dog+Gate

Thanks much!