PDA

View Full Version : Charging for dimming mirror changes

Quietlymk_nnoise
04-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Well I'm in discussions with Volvo on them wanting to charge for the change to the Dimming Mirror. I took my 01 XC to my dealership and writers and techs did not even know that it was available. I had to tell them it was on VADIS. My point is that was I was not informed at time of delivery they could change it to fit my needs for a darker mirror. I would have made it a condition of the sale. I also just took delivery of a C70H convertible for my wife and it has the mirror and was not informed then either.

I need to know who was not informed. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

barrysharp
04-09-2003, 03:09 PM
If you bought your 01 XC and the C70 at the same local Volvo dealership they would be foolhardy not to accommodate your wish of zero cost for dimming down your rear view mirror. Having said that you may just have to escalate your wish to the dealership's management to make your point. Between the two cars you've probably spent close to $80,000 with them so a few $s shouldn't be an issue with them. Add to this your future car service expenditures as further revenue for the dealership and I'd bet they see 'eating' the dimming cost as a sensible business decision.

Post back on how you get along with this, and good luck.

Quietlymk_nnoise
04-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Barry,

The C70 was my 5th Volvo with the same dealership.

barrysharp
04-09-2003, 03:46 PM
I don't see that you should have ANY problem having the max dimming for free -- go for it I say.

wiz
04-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Based on anecdotal evidence on this site and others, Volvo's procedure appears to be if you ask for a VADIS change before you take delivery of the car it is free. Any subsequent changes are $25 and up at the discretion of the dealer.

The assumption of course is that you know (a) that VADIS exists, and (b) what can be changed through software download before you buy the car.

RCF4
04-09-2003, 09:13 PM
I just paid $ 62 for mirror change ( darken) and to turn off the low beam head lights, not I said low beam head light, the V70 does not have daylight driving lights, it's just head light that are on permanent low beams, not a true Daylight driving light, which is a low wattage headlight.

I do like the mirror on the darker setting.

wiz
04-10-2003, 06:17 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RCF4 @ April 09 2003,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just paid &#036; 62 for mirror change ( darken) and to turn off the low beam head lights[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
That means a charge per item in a VADIS upload, not a per upload charge. That&#39;s a nice little extra for Volvo...

RCF4
04-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Thats right wiz, in fact, I paid for each software change, and shop time.

barrysharp
04-10-2003, 10:34 AM
Geeesh, at &#036;62 a pop for these things I&#39;m sure glad I remembered to have these things configured at FDC/Goteborg done at Volvo&#39;s expense. Mind you, credit for this has to go to this forum for identifying some of the software/VADIS configurable items on the XC70.

wiz
04-11-2003, 06:28 AM
Agreed. &nbsp;And if new members come to this site before they take delivery of the car, whether it be OSD or the dealer, they will learn about these hidden extras and how to avoid them.

1Lieutenant
04-11-2003, 10:23 AM
The dealer NEVER even hinted that certain functions could be altered before delivery of my 2002XC. &nbsp;The brochure does not mention it either. &nbsp;If it is Volvo&#39;s intent to allow flexibility, then the sales dept should have a checklist for the buyer to review prior to delivery thus customizing the car for each customer.

Maybe this is just a fund raiser.

Steve

PS till just now, I didn&#39;t know the dimming mirror could be altered. &nbsp;Does anyone have a list of VADIS controlled functions?

wiz
04-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Same here. I only learned about this programability when I found this site after we bought the car. It is making dealers happy, I am sure...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (1Lieutenant @ April 11 2003,08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have a list of VADIS controlled functions?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Software controlled features, Wanted but for some reason not done (http://xc70.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1256)

See the post by Low Tide about halfway down the page.