PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Panel Setting

enggass
10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
What is the equivalent to 'Auto' headlights on a 2006 XC70? The manual does not explain it well at all. Three settings - which should I use? I think auto is the first setting (O) and Always On is the third setting but I am not sure... Thanks.

Leto Atreides II
10-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't think there is an "auto" setting. Unless you've had the dealer change the defaults, or used a DICE tool to change the defaults, the first setting is always on DRL but you can't turn on high beams. The third setting is always on DRL and you can turn on high beams.

cmercon
10-05-2012, 09:37 AM
At zero only the front headlights are on. In two only the front and rear marker lights are on. In position 3 All the lights are on including the rear lights. I usually leave mine on full time. If I put it in zero I forget at night and without taillights on you are not a visible or get pulled over.

Leto Atreides II
10-05-2012, 09:02 PM
At least in the '05 models I am 100% sure that the first position makes the rear lights on too, not just the front lights. I thought all the models were that way.

enggass
10-06-2012, 07:27 PM
So then are your headlights on 'all the time' in a 2006 XC70? Even in the daytime? I guess I don't understand...

Leto Atreides II
10-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Yes they are equipped with DRL (daytime running lights) that are on all the time unless you ask the dealer to disable that "feature" or disable it yourself with a DICE tool and VIDA.

billr99
10-07-2012, 04:14 AM
According to the documentation, you have 3 options on the headlight settings which can be set using VIDA/DiCE:

"Daytime running lamps

The way in which low beam will be switched on can be programmed in three ways:

* Low beam on in all switch positions except the parking light position (Flexnoll)
* The light switch has three positions: off, parking light and low beam (Flex standard)
* Low beam always on regardless of the position of the light switch (Flex low).

The daytime running lamps are programmed via the vehicle communication socket under Central Electronic Module (CEM), Programming The Control Module."

Cheers,

Bill