PDA

View Full Version : Finally ... after a few months ... got our XC70!

bleedscream
09-14-2012, 04:00 AM
We are stoked! :D After patient searching we had a wonderful trip to Quebec City for our 10th Anniversary and bought a beautiful black 2007 XC70 at the same time. The vehicle is in great shape with only 55 000 miles (i.e. 85 000 km), buttery smooth light taupe leather with almost no wear and almost every option (HU 850, 17" rims, HID's, 4C, parking sensor, water repellent glass, mass movement sensor and dual screen DVD player for the kids! My wife has back issues and melted into the seats.

It was amazing, we had to drive about 11 hours to Quebec but I figure we saved about $5000 on what we would have paid in the Maritimes for a similarly equipped XC70. The trip was excellent, with a stroll around Old Quebec (and views of the cute French women ;)). We enjoyed crepes at a lovely restaurant, but were subjected to a (hilarious) "French hippie" singing folk songs in French and English -- hearing Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven in a heavy French accent was unique (i.e. excruciatingly uncomfortable!). I will post some pics of our trip and the new ride when we get home. We are visiting the in-laws at present and will return to our kids maybe tonight.

Cheers!

Troy

Thames
09-14-2012, 05:30 AM
I live in Chicoutimi (Saguenay), so I totally know what you mean by cute French women) !!! :) I got one myself... :D

I think we've gone to the same place for the crepes too!! :) Send pictures !!

kamiar
09-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome on board, hope you enjoy the xc70....

Chenango21
09-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Congratulations! We bought our used black 2007 xc70 with a carryover certified warranty a couple years ago and have greatly enjoyed the vehicle.....yours sounds especially nice with all the options on it. If you haven't discovered it already, suggest you check out TrueDelta reliability data for the xc70.....by 2007 it appears Volvo had improved the product so much that it has fantastic reliability! I really don't understand why they ditched the five cylinder turbocharged engine in 2008 for a six cylinder that gets much worse mpg's.
Paul

eastcoaster
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Congratulations on your XC70! Mine is a 2007, black also (charcoal interior, however). I am one of the contributors on TrueDelta for this car. This week it's getting new tires (major investment), and after literally months of debate, we are sticking with the Pirelli STR's.

bleedscream
09-18-2012, 07:49 AM
I created an album for our Quebec City trip ... no pictures of Quebec women though :( ... but there is one of my wife (she's from New Brunswick). For some reason, she was more interested in me taking pictures of her than other women! Shocking. :D

Thames
09-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Shocking. :D

Yes indeed. :D

JRL
09-18-2012, 08:02 AM
and after literally months of debate, we are sticking with the Pirelli STR's.

Too bad, poor choice (IMO and others)

Thames
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Too bad, poor choice (IMO and others)

+1. I got Toyo Open Country H/T and a very happy marshmallow drive.

Seamus
09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
post some pics of the car that sounds like the perfect combo of everything