PDA

View Full Version : Best extended warranty/aftermarket warranty for XC70?

kevdiggity40
08-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Hello all,

Brand new to the forum. I apologize if this has been covered before but I didn't find it through the 'search' function (though maybe I'm not sure how to use it :)). My wife and I are looking at a 2010 XC70 T6 with 51k. I believe it is just over the factory warranty (5 yr/50 k?). Test drove it yesterday and it's in great shape inside and out, T6 engine is smooth and powerful and it has the child boosters (big + for us). Unfortunately, the car is at a Mercedes dealership (local trade) and I knew way more about the car than the sales guys. Carfax looks perfect and car was serviced on-time at the local Volvo dealer. I have a hard time buying a 2-3 yo car without some sort of warranty/CPO. Best suggestions? Thanks in advance. I look forward to being a Volvo owner soon.

ssicarman
08-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I would check with the Mercedes dealer that you are getting it from what they offer and the Volvo dealer (s?) has for aftermarket warranties. Also check with the Volvo dealer if the car is still eligible for an extension of the factory warranty (paid of course).

budrichard
08-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Check with a Volvo Dealer but I believe you are over the ability to purchase a Volvo Extended Warrenty. I would assume at a minimum any Extended Warrenty at your age/mileage would also require an inspection. Ask the MB Dealership what they have to offer. Good luck.-Dick