PDA

View Full Version : Found a great Non Volvo battery.

pperkins1946
07-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I fould a great non Volvo battery that drops in to my 2005 XC 70. It is from Auto Zone and is listed as a H6-AGM Duralast Platinum. It is a glass mat, vented, sealed-no fill construction with a higher OEM rating that drops right in to the existing battery position. No worrying about checking and watering the electrolite. $159.99 and free instalation.

Astro14
07-29-2012, 11:10 AM
That strikes me as pretty expensive for a battery...how much was the dealer going to charge you for the battery?

Just the part, installation isn't a big deal...as long as you re-connect it correctly...which I doubt Auto-Zone did...

Willy
07-29-2012, 12:57 PM
I have an AGM battery in my motorcycle. This can be an advantage should the bike fall over. But I don't think
I would care for this kind of battery in my car, I don't mind having to keep an eye on the fluid level of the cells.
Since I bought the car in 2003, the first battery is still in use, I had the biggest model installed, asnormally
placed in the diesel models. If I am not mistaken, it delivers 94Ah and the fluid has hardly lowered since new.
This kind of battery will certainly be cheaper as an AGM.
Willy

wgriswold
07-29-2012, 01:53 PM
I had the big battery installed as well. Nobody at the dealer could explain why I had the larger one that was not called for in their database. I replaced it with the smaller one from the dealer because the larger one cost a lot more. I couldn't find an aftermarket that would be compatible with the hold down and didn't want to drive around with an unrestrained battery.

Willy
07-30-2012, 07:32 AM
The big battery may not have been available since, if I am not mistaken,
the diesel engines were not imported in the US.

wgriswold
07-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Strangely, although they said it was not the battery for my car they offered to sell me one for way too much money. Maybe there is another model in the US that uses the larger battery.

Ocean Racer
07-30-2012, 08:15 PM
I fould a great non Volvo battery that drops in to my 2005 XC 70. It is from Auto Zone and is listed as a H6-AGM Duralast Platinum. It is a glass mat, vented, sealed-no fill construction with a higher OEM rating that drops right in to the existing battery position. No worrying about checking and watering the electrolite. $159.99 and free instalation.

LOL - sounds like advertising spam.