PDA

View Full Version : Tires XC 70 2003

Stephenxc
06-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi all. I need to get new tires for my XC70. I currently am running Michelin's. The garage doing the change recommended one of these:
1 - Tiger Paw outing $163
2 - Good Year Assurance Fuel Max $169
3 - Dunlop Signature $138

Would anyone recommend any of these or something better?
Any advise or tips would really be appreciated.

Stephen

tomclick
06-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Yea, same question here.... I have an 03/XC with Nokians that I drove off last winter just begging to be (no pun intended) retired :o I guess I can't go wrong with the Scorpian STRs at $630 shipped to my door.

Thanks hope all is well,
Tom

Hi all. I need to get new tires for my XC70. I currently am running Michelin's. The garage doing the change recommended one of these:
1 - Tiger Paw outing $163
2 - Good Year Assurance Fuel Max $169
3 - Dunlop Signature $138

Would anyone recommend any of these or something better?
Any advise or tips would really be appreciated.

Stephen

saynoto29ers
06-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Check the forums. The topic has too many opinions and a whole lotta threads devoted to the OP. Good luck!

tomclick
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I did a search and was looking for a recent recommendation!

Check the forums. The topic has too many opinions and a whole lotta threads devoted to the OP. Good luck!

JRL
06-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Whatever YOU like
Go to www.tirerack.com do some research and comparison reading

Astro14
06-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Put your make, model and year in the Tire Rack search engine and it will make sure that the presented choices are at least H rated and XL load range.

You need a minimum of H speed rating for this car (I've explained in several previous posts, but here's the essence: H doesn't mean that you can drive at 130MPH all day long, it's a rating, not a warranty...) and you need an XL load range to meet spec, it's not enough to just be the right size...

Start your tire education here: http://www.barrystiretech.com/