PDA

View Full Version : Urgent question of the day

JRL
06-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I got my Sentinals like these:

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/JRL1194/SENTINALS.jpg

They need refinishing so the question of all questions [sly] is...
do I refinish them in stock Bright Silver or do I paint them in Volvo Titanium R wheel paint?
They're going on my white 07

Skater
06-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Seeing your car is white, I would go for a darker, contrasting color. I know you don't like black, so maybe a dark titanium.

JRL
06-06-2012, 02:06 PM
OOOOOOOHHHH...first vote for R wheel paint.

No one has that color except in spray cans and there is no paint code for a body shop to make it up.

My painter and I both agreed to do them in the brightest silver he can make.
(similar to R silver bright)
He's refinishing his Land Rover Sport's wheels and asked if we (me) could wait a week until his new (used) wheels arrived so he could shoot all at the same time and save us both time and a little money

Art
06-06-2012, 02:43 PM
The Silverstone paint of the Sentinels is okay but a brighter silver would definitely take it up a notch or two. I believe that the Sentinels were also available in a polished version.

Another more durable option might be to go with powdercoat but it can be rather expensive. The local outfit that refinished my stock Oreanders had a myriad of PC colors to choose from. A darker finish would also look nice mated to your white XC. It might not be exactly what you had in mind but the pic below depicts how similar looking the spoked Heico wheels are to the OE Sentinels. Bear in mind the wheels in the photo are 19".

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Batstar/1cb2a1ec.jpg

JRL
06-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I think dark wheels with the large gap from the fender on an XC may look a bit weird but those do look nice and I'll keep it in mind.
I have over a week to decide

n00bkiller944
06-06-2012, 09:00 PM
I prefer darker wheels but that is just my 2 cents!

billr99
06-07-2012, 01:43 AM
I prefer darker wheels but that is just my 2 cents!

Agreed. Look pretty good on a white car. Had that colour on my red 850R and that was really nice.

Cheers,

Bill