PDA

View Full Version : MY07 and standard DSTC?

StuntmanMike
05-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey guys! Some of you may remember me, I was on here in January asking a ton of questions, trying to learn about the XC70 with the intent of replacing my Jeep with one.

Well I put a hold on the search for the winter, but am starting to look again. As summer is usually the worst time to get a good deal on a sprts car, I figured winter was not a good time to get a good deal on a AWD wagon.

I got a ton of great info, and am pretty confident I know alot of the major points of the car, and what to look for. It's the little things I'm having a hard time finding the answers too.

Like this one: I've learned through searching after seeing it mentioned here that DSTC was standard equipment on the '07's. Well that's good news, as I've decided to try to find an '07. After looking at a bunch of pics in ads for MY07's for sale, I notice that none of them have the DSTC button in front of the shifter. Every '07 I've seen has that 3rd button just a blank.

Is the DSTC unable to be turned off on the '07's? And if so, how? Reason I ask is because the main reason I'd like to be able to have DSTC is to be able to turn OFF spin control. Sometimes you just need wheelspin to get going in snow, and I don't like the idea of the car preventing me from doing that. Small point I know, but I'm picky about such things. After my last car with traction control left me literally unable to move in snow without turning it off, I really like that option.

Anyway, thanks for any info!

JRL
05-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Turned off by tapping the end of the turn signal
You buy an 07, your READ the owners manual and all will be clear[sly]

With 2007s you also can program 5 mph automatic door locks, with all other years you had to get a download at Volvo

justthefacts
05-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Have you tried the Search feature of this site?
I found the answer to your question in about 10 seconds by entering "turn off DSTC".

ifnt420
05-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Like JRL said, there isn't a DSTC button under the AC panel for MY07 cars.
It's activated by the INFO button on the turn signal stalk.
Good Luck with your XC search!

StuntmanMike
05-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Have you tried the Search feature of this site?
I found the answer to your question in about 10 seconds by entering "turn off DSTC".

Actually no, I didn't search for that particular term. From everything else I had read, I thought it was turned off by pushing and holding the button on the console down for at least .5 seconds (I learned this from a post where someone posted the manual from an '06). Looking at pics of '07's that supposely had it standard, yet didn't have the button, was what confused me. I did not realize they had changed the location to the stalk.

Turned off by tapping the end of the turn signal
You buy an 07, your READ the owners manual and all will be clear[sly]

With 2007s you also can program 5 mph automatic door locks, with all other years you had to get a download at Volvo

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

And yes, of course if I were to buy an '07 I would read the manual, but since I do not have an '07 yet, I don't have a manual to read.

Pete B
05-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Actually no, I didn't search for that particular term. From everything else I had read, I thought it was turned off by pushing and holding the button on the console down for at least .5 seconds (I learned this from a post where someone posted the manual from an '06). Looking at pics of '07's that supposely had it standard, yet didn't have the button, was what confused me. I did not realize they had changed the location to the stalk.

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

And yes, of course if I were to buy an '07 I would read the manual, but since I do not have an '07 yet, I don't have a manual to read.

Try this:

http://www.volvoosad.com/Manuals/xc70_2007.pdf

StuntmanMike
05-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey thanks Pete! Tons of good info in there!

stlnoble
10-07-2014, 01:05 AM
on my 07 it is on what is DSTC?

Thames
10-07-2014, 05:46 AM
BTW guys, I have a 2007 V70 w/o DTSC... the manual states I can turn it off via the INFO button, but I dont have DTSC ON/OFF in the option list... :(

JRL
10-07-2014, 11:58 AM
BTW guys, I have a 2007 V70 w/o DTSC... the manual states I can turn it off via the INFO button, but I dont have DTSC ON/OFF in the option list... :(

Impossible
DSTC became standard across the entire Volvo line worldwide in 2007

Thames
10-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Impossible
DSTC became standard across the entire Volvo line worldwide in 2007

Are you sitting in my seat right now ? :)
Come by, I pay beer, wine, whatever !

No joke, no DSTC on mine, at least not in the INFO computer... and moreover, I can screech my tires easily, something I can't even do with my '99 S70 w/STC...

Thames
10-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Moreover, I have the 3rd seat row, that was discontinued in 2006... and I have the silver alum trim and watch dial gauges... I guess mine is FrankenVolvo made from parts bin....

hoonk
10-07-2014, 01:37 PM
what is DSTC?

I believe it stands for Dynamic Stability and Traction Control - DSTC can't overcome the laws of physics, but uses the abs system and engine control module to help keep you from sliding or spinning out.

JRL
10-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Anyone can install a 3rd row, they were available until at least 2008 or 9
Watchdial gauges could be a standalone option but no DSTC is truly bizarre