PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first Volvo!

Shawn350
04-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I was tired of getting 13 mpg in my van some downsized to a 2001 Volvo V70 XC model all-wheel drive station wagon with not quite 123,000 miles on it. It has silver paint that is in pretty good shape, no clouding or clear-coat flaking. It does have some door dings and minor scratches typical for a car this age. The XC70 has been garage kept. The interior is a dark charcoal gray leather. It is in very good clean shape, with no tears or seam separation. There are heavy duty tan Volvo floor and cargo mats included with the car, they don't match the interior color but they really kept the carpets in great shape.

All of the key maintenance items have been done. Mobil 1 synthetic oil changes with K&N oil filter (3 extra K&N oil filters and the correct Volvo oil filter socket come with the car), 75%-80% new Falken tires, front Posi-Stop brake pads and rotors in the 8k miles, timing belt and tensioner replaced at 95k miles, water pump and serpentine belt replaced at the same time, NGK spark plugs and ignition wires, both front axles have new OEM CV boots, new OEM Sachs front struts (bearing plates, rubber isolators, and bump stops) all 4 months old, new OEM Sachs rear shocks 4 months old, upper motor torque mount, transmission flushed with Volvo sythetic fluid, TCM and B4 servo upgrade, power rack & pinion and pwr steering pump are less then a year old, the battery was replaced in the last 15 months. They had receipts for all of it, even the items He replace. They said that car was taken care of because they did not anticipate letting it go anytime soon. Everything works well as it should and it averages around 20-21 mpg in mixed city driving and 24-26 on the freeway.

I read about the transmission nightmares but felt like this car has had the right things done. thoughts?

I paid 5900 for it

dirtyd851
04-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a good buy to me and sounds like all the niggles and smaller things you'd normally have to fix after purchase have already been addressed. I also have an '01 xc w/ almost 130k on it and just love it...welcome to the club!

XC70XC
04-22-2012, 03:46 AM
Congrats on your recent purchase. Welcome to the club. I have a clean one owner 2002 V70XC and it is running superb. The dreaded tranny problem was taken care of by the extended warranty. Everything else is running well with all the wear and tear parts replaced.

Shawn350
04-22-2012, 10:48 PM
So I just ran a car fax report and saw this

02/19/2004 24,592 Culver City Volvo
Culver City, CA
310-391-0445
culvercityvolvo.com Transmission computer/module checked
Automatic transmission replaced
Turbocharger oil line seal(s) replaced
Engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked

I think this is a good thing means my tranny is only 100k miles

Astro14
04-23-2012, 02:32 AM
Responded in the other thread - but your car has been well maintained. I would have bought it too...no worries...

Shawn350
04-23-2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

Shawn350
04-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Well, I got it home today.

Wow the seats are comfortable.

I also picked up some oem crossbars (Thank Volvo of OC) they took care of me. I also grabbed a Thule MOAB basket for 200.00 on craigslist with cargo net. I just got that installed. (Pictures tomorrow). We are loading it up and headed to the sequoias tomorrow.