PDA

View Full Version : Anti Skid service required/temporarily disabled/ECM issue

momunist
04-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Hi all, and thanks in advance for your time and expertise. I've been a lurker for about a year and a half but this will be my first post. Have been loving my '07 XC70 since I got it until recently. A few months ago my wife and I started experiencing the "anti-skid service required" message followed by "anti-skid temporarily disabled" on the next on/off key cycle. I've seen a few post here regarding the SAS and BCM sensors with this issue but we also a few months ago got our first check engine light. Code read with my obd2 scanner as a boost sensor value out of range. That has happened 3 times in the last 4 months. My wife also started experiencing some stalling at stop lights and a bit of lurching as well. Final clue about 3 weeks ago the temp gauge stopped working for about 2 days then came back. At first I thought these things were unrelated until I read a post about the ECM and an issue with the cold soldered wiring needing to be hot soldered. I repair electronics all the time and am handy with an iron so I thought I'd try this first. My question is, does anyone else have any experience with seemingly unrelated issues all coming back to the ECM and also how do I get at the ECM and these groups of wires that need to be hard soldered? Sorry for the long post, thanks!

NgunnawalJack
04-13-2012, 05:37 AM
I've just replaced the ABS module in my 2003 XC70. I was having similar problems with random warnings on ABS service, brake failure and check engine over the past 4 or so months.
My mechanic resoldered everything in my original ABS module but that didn't keep the warnings away, so we replaced the module.

Hope that helps