PDA

View Full Version : Vida - V2011D- almost there..

eitankon
04-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Hello all,

I was managed to install Vida V2011D , and able to connect to the car's computer.

However , when trying to login , after running the "Vida All-in-One" , to the Vida web page , I cannot enter anything in the login box. It is like typing but cannot see anything on the screen. Cannot press the login icon as well.

Vida installed on Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit , and downgraded to IE8.
All working fine but the issue above.

A tip to those who install this version : It is better to copy it to the Hare drive , and then install directly from the hard drive.
Also , a lot of patient is needed. About 40 minutes total waiting..

Appreciate if someone can assist with resolution to this problem.

Tnx,

Eitan

billr99
04-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Did you run the patch? That is the hack that allows you to then enter "admin" or "1" as a password.

Cheers,

Bill

eitankon
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Hello Bill,

It was that patch I have noticed already (instruction are in Chinese...).

It is working well under win7 ultimate.

I will replace the B4 servo and run the adaptive mode later this week.

Any tips for the adaptive mode?

Btw , how can I know if my 2002 XC runs the latest firmware?

Tnx again.

Eitan

billr99
04-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Hello Bill,

It was that patch I have noticed already (instruction are in Chinese...).

It is working well under win7 ultimate.

I will replace the B4 servo and run the adaptive mode later this week.

Any tips for the adaptive mode?

Btw , how can I know if my 2002 XC runs the latest firmware?

Tnx again.

Eitan

When you go thru the entire adaptive process, the first step will show you the current level of your TCM software and then ask you if it is the same as any on a shown list of software. If your current version is on the list then you need to upgrade, otherwise you are good to go. Interestingly on my '02, it has always indicated that I'm OK and I've done the process with 3 versions of VIDA.

As far as actually doing the adaptive process, just follow the directions. But I will say once you need to do the driving bit, be out somewhere where you can go slow, stop and start, without irritating people. It can be a fairly long drawn out process with multiple runs from 0 to about 30 km/hr and back down until you get all the lights you are supposed to get. Then you start all over again at higher revs. As I recall you do at least 3 of these rev ranges so as I said, it can take some time and it can be a bit tense if there is any traffic around.

Have fun,

Bill

Astro14
04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I described the adaptation process for the trans in my notes on the valve body, see the resources section. I drove it based on the VIDA printout that my local dealer gave me (they are good guys, by the way, aside from crazy fluid prices, Freedom Volvo in Virginia Beach has always treated me well...).

Low/no traffic and a reasonable amount of fuel in your tank before you start are recommended. Once you shut the engine off, cycle is over...

jda2000
04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Do the following after you replace the B4 servo cover:

-reset the fluid counter
-reset the tranny adaptives(clean slate)
-only then put the tranny in adaptive mode.

You should do this in the late evening on a road with no traffic, so that you can upshift at different rpms

eitankon
04-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Thanks all!

Marvelous people who always want to assist.
Great.

I will follow your instruction and hope to save my tranny .

I live in the country in the Northern part of Israel , so will not disturb any :-)

Eitan

p3d40
04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I am Volvo fan, i try to fix my Volvos by my self, because the dealer is very expensive. Where I can get a copy of vida software, I would like to have it for my personal use.

billr99
04-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I am Volvo fan, i try to fix my Volvos by my self, because the dealer is very expensive. Where I can get a copy of vida software, I would like to have it for my personal use.

Try at the bottom of this page http://www.soft4cars.org/index.php?page=6. You might need to subscribe to this site to get it though. I can't recall as it has been awhile since I got VIDA 2011D from here.

Have fun,

Bill