PDA

View Full Version : Electrical weirdness

mopartek
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
07' XC70--intermittantly, when you open a door after the car has been sitting overnight, my garage door opens or closes!! The homelink controls 2
doors, but it only opens/closes one of the doors. Thinking it might be a low voltage situation, I replaced the original battery with a new Interstate rated at 800CCA-problem was gone for awhile, and has now returned. Happens 2-3 times per week. The keyless entry is also tempermental..no pattern..just unresponsive at times..not sure if related to first concern.
Anybody had this problem before...hesitant to take to dealer due to intermittant nature of the problem....Thanks for trying!!

Bob

howardc64
01-13-2012, 02:20 AM
All the stuff you mentioned are related to the Upper Electronics Module (UEM). It handles remote+homelink and a few other things. When you replaced the battery, UEM was reinitialized. I would guess if you just dis/reconnect the battery and cause UEM to reinitialize again. Everything will probably be good again until whatever that is causing your UEM gremlins.

Before dis/reconnect battery, read this to avoid damaging the ECC.

http://howardsvolvos.webs.com/miscissues.htm#207347288

Also uploaded Volvo's UEM system overview FYI. Might check other equipment controlled by UEM when the gremlins appear.

http://www.box.com/s/5bmrxpxfnqutn23b7sq0

mopartek
01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
thanks for the info-I'm not seeing that the homelink is on the hitlist for the UEM...did I miss something? Usually homelink is a standalone unit on other brands..this is partially why I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this issue....

howardc64
01-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Volvo's direction doesn't list homelink in UEM control list. But I'm pretty sure it is and their direction just forgot to list it. google "volvo homelink UEM".

Whenever I dis/reconnect battery on my 01, sunroof and homelink doesn't work afterwards until I reset the UEM (click door lock/unlock).