PDA

View Full Version : 01 xc70 tranny woes.

uglyoinker
01-07-2012, 09:07 PM
I just acquired this car for my wife to replace the tdi jetta we had that pooped a timing belt. I have been lurking all day to try and find some answers on my issues with this new car. I bought it fairly cheaply due to the occasional shifting issues. It has 102k on it and has been well taken care of. po had a shop do a flush to chase away the issue to no avail. the issue is not consistent. I drove it around the city a bit then up the mountain pass to where I live and didn't notice one blip of slippage or hard shifting. the next day some mild hard shifts and slippage here and there. I've read some here that there is some issues around 2nd and 3rd and I couldn't tell you for sure that it is confined to those gears. What I'm hoping is that there is a local volvo guru in the salt lake city area that could drive with me to better identify the issue and go over possible fixes. Really hoping rebuild not necessary. So is there any guru's in the area? Also really hoping to get a straight answer and not jump right to rebuild if it's not necessary. Thanks guys.
jake in heber city utah

howardc64
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Sent you a PM. Here is a list of things to do

- confirm ATF flush was JWS 3309 compatible. If not, you will get all kinds of weird shift problems
- check lower transmission torque mount's small bushing
- check B4 servo cover