PDA

View Full Version : All done except the bumpers

JRL
01-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Just tinted the XC
35% on the two rears and 50% on the front doors
Will repaint the bumpers in the Spring.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/JRL1194/1999%20V70%20XC%20Black%20with%20TAN/1999V70XCNEWNEWLFRONTTINT.jpg

budrichard
01-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Very very nice looking XC70!
Of all the XC's, I think the first generation drives and handles the best.
Windows look nice but make to sure to roll down your window if stopped by a LEO.
I just leave mine with factory tint for that reason!
My 1999 now wears Michelin MXV4's, smooth, quiet, hopefully good mileage but not for off road. Went hunting with it last fall on muddy farm tracks and if not for the AWD, would have been waiting for a freeze up to get back out. The weather has been very warm here so the vehicle would most likely still be sitting, stuck. The Nokian WR G2's on the 2003 XC performed better on the same muddy tracks but still not mud tires. Will need to get a dedicated set of off road tires this year for the 2003.-Dick

JRL
01-08-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm 67, cops don't bother with me, plus I rarely drive at night anymore

tranmkp
01-08-2012, 05:34 PM
whats the cars history? (repair and so forth)

JRL
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
whats the cars history? (repair and so forth)

SEATS REFINISHED
NEW ELEC. THROTTLE BODY
REPAIR /REPLACED 3 DOOR PANELS, DYNAMAT IN FRONT DOORS
NEW BATTERY
NEW HATCH STRUTS
LOWER COLUMN BUSHING
TAILGATE REPAIR KIT
AIR AND CABIN FILTERS
BEVEL GEAR RESEALED + NEW FLUID
SPARK PLUGS
T BELT KIT
SERPENTINE BELT
RADIATOR
WATER PUMP
NEW FUEL FILTER
PLASTIC OVERFLOW TANK
ALL NEW WATER HOSES AND CLAMPS
NEW B+ CABLE
THERMOSTAT
MOTOR MOUNTS (ALL 3)
REFINISHED PERFO WHEELS IN TITANIUM
NEW CONTI DWS TIRES 205/55/16
2007 GREY CENTER CAPS
DRAIN AND FILL TRANNY (4 TIMES)

Plus some service stamps in the book... and I said everything is done EXCEPT the bumpers
(after winter)

dixiebuyer
01-10-2012, 03:04 PM
What is the process for painting the bumpers? I used some of the Gray die stuff from IPD about a month ago, but it already looks bad again.

Ocean Racer
01-10-2012, 08:26 PM
SEATS REFINISHED
NEW ELEC. THROTTLE BODY
REPAIR /REPLACED 3 DOOR PANELS, DYNAMAT IN FRONT DOORS
NEW BATTERY
NEW HATCH STRUTS
LOWER COLUMN BUSHING
TAILGATE REPAIR KIT
AIR AND CABIN FILTERS
BEVEL GEAR RESEALED + NEW FLUID
SPARK PLUGS
T BELT KIT
SERPENTINE BELT
RADIATOR
WATER PUMP
NEW FUEL FILTER
PLASTIC OVERFLOW TANK
ALL NEW WATER HOSES AND CLAMPS
NEW B+ CABLE
THERMOSTAT
MOTOR MOUNTS (ALL 3)
REFINISHED PERFO WHEELS IN TITANIUM
NEW CONTI DWS TIRES 205/55/16
2007 GREY CENTER CAPS
DRAIN AND FILL TRANNY (4 TIMES)

Plus some service stamps in the book... and I said everything is done EXCEPT the bumpers
(after winter)

LOL, get a new fender and .. everything else !

JRL
01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
...and a new MAF as of today
Solved my slight idling issue

JRL
01-10-2012, 08:44 PM
What is the process for painting the bumpers? I used some of the Gray die stuff from IPD about a month ago, but it already looks bad again.

When I mean the bumpers I mean the black paint, the plastic is the easy part

Side moldings and rockers were just done
(Any good bumper spray paint will do for the plastic and is the ONLY way to do this properly)

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/JRL1194/unnamed.jpg

crh
01-15-2012, 04:20 PM
...and a new MAF as of today
Solved my slight idling issue

That is one handsome XC...

I may have to go with a new MAF soon... the one under the hood is 13 years old... occasional idle sped hunting, stumbling off idle on acceleration and sudden, short stumble at stoplights, maybe once or twice a week... should I look into an N/A MAF or the stock type, and what is the oft-mentioned performance benefit of an N/A MAF on a 1998 XC motor (hopefully also beneficial with a 16T conversion)? Sorry to ask on your thread, Jim... thought you might know is all.

JRL
01-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I've never heard of that
Buy a BOSCH non blue box, same thing as OEM (they make it for Volvo) and if you find a deal, it should not cost you much more than $100.

(New MAF did NOT solve my problem, just put in a front 02 sensor and will know tomorrow if that did it)!

crh
01-15-2012, 07:30 PM
I've never heard of that
Buy a BOSCH non blue box, same thing as OEM (they make it for Volvo) and if you find a deal, it should not cost you much more than $100.

(New MAF did NOT solve my problem, just put in a front 02 sensor and will know tomorrow if that did it)!

Thanks, Jim... the rig goes under the knife for EVERYTHING on Tuesday. Still trying to figure out whether to go with the 'blue spring' IPD CBV or the Forge piston-style CBV with the yellow spring for the ARD Green Tune.

I'll go with the non-blue box Bosch unit for Volvo if it's needed... only our *rear* 02 sensor's been replaced, and the front's 177k old... will check it next week, along with the MAF... hope it winds up looking and presumably running (good luck with that front 02 sensor solving the idling issue) HALF as san-o as that black beauty!

Thanks for the seat repair tip, too. That'll be the *other* RIP kit application to cover! [thumbup]