PDA

View Full Version : 2005 xc70 turn signals gave up

steve brown
12-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi,
New to the forum and hoping to get a little help. The turn signals,the high beams,headlight washer,windshield washer, rear washer and the rear wiper all have quit working,I have checked all of the fuses related to these problem areas and they all appear to be ok.I also removed the positive battery cable and left it unhooked for 20 minutes hoping that would reset the computer and still the problem exists. If anybody can help me out and point me in the right direction to solve the problem it would be much appreciated. The car has 64000 miles and has never given me a bit of trouble.

POG926
01-01-2012, 11:22 PM
in dash control module? If so then you're looking at 1K. Is it still under warranty?

steve brown
01-02-2012, 08:45 AM
The warranty is up , this is the first thing to go wrong .Hope it is not a sign of things to come. Where is the in dash control module located and is this a common occurrence for the xc70?

POG926
01-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Not sure of the location but my issue was similar. Clock would not keep time and always sleeds through time, turn signals would not indicate they were on (no clicking and flashing) but did work, high beam would work but no high beam dash indicator. The module has to be programmed by Volvo with current car info. I was told no one else had the equipment to do it. I chose not to fix it for 1k.

I'm sure someone here on the forum can chime in with more info.

steve brown
01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
My clock is working,there is nothing happening with the signals when the selector is in either position. Now the rear wiper comes on when the front wiper is turned on and there is only one speed to the wipers(normal speed)maybe somebody has had a similar experience and can make a suggestion.