PDA

View Full Version : Car doesn't automatically lock after 2 minutes.

volvolew
12-19-2011, 06:32 PM
The car won't lock automatically after I exit the car. The manual states the doors should lock automatically after two minutes providing you don't touch a door. Now that the PCC is always in my pocket or wife's purse I'm counting on this feature to work to cover our bad memories. Is this one of the setup items on the menu?

Another problem I've noticed...If I leave a person in my car for a short time and then they want to leave; they can't lock the doors unless they possess a PCC. I'm sure I must be missing something simple in a process. Please help enlighten me.

Thanks,

cattlecar
12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I think you misunderstand the auto lock. If you unlock the car and then never open a door it will re-lock in 2 minutes. This addresses accidental remote button depressions as in the button getting pushed by other things in your pocket when you bend over or sit.

I was unaware that you couldn't open the inside handle on the US market cars like yours by pulling the inside handle twice.

volvolew
12-19-2011, 07:30 PM
After standing over 5 feet away with the PCC from an "unlocked" car, I understand from the Owner's Manual that the doors should lock automatically after 2 minutes. This doesn't seem to be true with my 2010 XC70. Is something wrong? What happens on your cars?

Xilikon
12-20-2011, 04:59 AM
As cattlecar mentionned, it would lock only if you open it and not touch for 2 minute. This is like my 2007 Yaris with remote which lock after 1 min if you don't open any door after clicking on the remote to open. this is to avoid accidentally unlocking without you knowing.

I don't know of any car which self-lock after 2 mins. That would be a bummer if you leave the keys in the car and you get out to get something while it self-lock...

volvolew
12-20-2011, 10:35 PM
The Volvo service dept. just confirmed that a passenger without the PCC should be able to lock the car doors by hitting the lock button on inside of the door before closing. They said they can reprogram to enable.

Update: The car can only be locked if the PCC is in your possession; per service dept. Keep in mind if you ever need to leave the car with someone inside.