PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Northwest Volvo XC Cruise

rmyin
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
So when I was an Audi owner, I enjoyed the group drives. Now I have my Volvo XC, I'm wondering if anyone else lives in the Seattle area and like doing group drives too. I know Howard is over here and quite close to me actually, anyone else?

Leto Atreides II
12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm also in Sammamish, though I have not met Howard yet. :) What sort of drive did you have in mind?

rmyin
12-13-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm also in Sammamish, though I have not met Howard yet. :) What sort of drive did you have in mind?

I don't know... maybe head to that old bavarian town? Maybe some off-roading to try out the AWD...

Au_xc70_03
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
I would love see more gatherings for near future.

abomix
12-14-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm in Seattle proper and would definitely be open to a gathering like this!

With the winter coming on, time to let our XC's shine!

skeith5
12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
I'd be up for it, I'm in Arlington. Any skiers/snowboarders out there? A group ride up to Baker would be pretty cool.

Scott

rmyin
12-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Cool... I just think it would be cool to have like a packe of 10 XCs cruise into Leavenworth or a kit resort... or we can plan a snow shoeing trip or something...

I don't know if most of us have families or single but I imagine most of us like outdoor stuff.

howardc64
12-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey, would be cool to meet fellow P2 owners. Actually, wife just decided to change her 01 V70XC to a 2011 Prius so been busy looking at Prius info. The Prius is a new car and a Toyota so I'm probably going to be rather bored with nothing to repair...

Anyhow, still have the V70XC and would be cool to gather and drive somewhere. My family doesn't ski/snowboard so let me know if you guys decide something that doesn't involve skiing :) We probably all have kids so kid friendly activity would be cool. A few years ago, I saw a snow mobiling place on I90 that runs mini snow mobiles in a field for kids to drive. I can't find the place at the moment tho.

Another thought (and a cheap one) is to go tubing or sledding somewhere :)

01V70XC5A
12-21-2011, 12:13 PM
It's too bad I live so far away in Wyoming. When I was in AZ I used to set up group rides all the time. I'll watch this thread since I've always wanted to visit Seattle anyway. If the timing is right I may drive over.