PDA

View Full Version : Stuff to check at the End of Warranty

OldMBGuy
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
We just purchased a 2008 XC90 3.2 about a month ago with 47k miles and it's the first Volvo we've owned since my high school hand-me-down 760 Turbodiesel. So far it's been great, but as much forum reading as I have done, I still don't have anywhere near the feel for the XC90 quirks that I have for those of the MB E-class (of which we have owned 6). You really only get that kind of knowledge with experience.

As we are coming up on the 50k miles mark and will be moving from the 3yr/50k new car warranty to the CPO limited exclusionary warranty, the wife has an appointment to take it to our local Indy for a full diagnostic so that we can have anything that might be a problem repaired under the new car warranty at the local dealer before that expires.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions on specific areas that I should have the Indy review particularly thoroughly. Thanks!

Keiland
12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
I am in the same boat. '08 with the factory warranty expiring in May '12. As far as I can tell, there aren't any broadly defined quirks that have loomed their ugly heads - yet - on the later 3.2 XC90s. I guess an overall visual check is the best you can do if there isn't anything obviously broken or non-functional.

Sigh - If only it were possible to command the things that are going to fail to do it while under the factory warranty.

OldMBGuy
12-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Good luck to you. We checked out OK except for an oil leak at the brake vacuum pump, and still have a few hundred miles to go.

Keiland
12-23-2011, 12:50 PM
That's a good find. Nice to get it fixed on Volvo's dime. And thanks...Ours goes in for a checkup soon to eyeball warrantied stuff to get fixed by Volvo.