PDA

View Full Version : DEM-0006 and more...

Metallo
12-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi all,

I have different errors on my car, which I enclose with the hope to get your valuable opinions to solve this mess.

Background

Months ago an independent Volvo mechanic reported the SAS Module to be faulty and gave me the P/N corresponding to the Lever Hub as the part to be replaced.
Two weeks ago I went to the Volvo dealer to get the Lever Hub assembled and it turned out that it is not the one creating the problem, but it is the clockspring.
Besides, they told me about the DEM error and my AWD not working properly.
Result: according to the dealer, I should change the clockspring and the DEM.

With the idea to further investigate both problems, in particular the DEM, I went back to the dealer today and asked for the error codes.
They provided me two copies, the second is supposed to put in evidence the core errors, although I see a different result for the DEM, I have enclosed both here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?52y1f1o5qy81811

I assume the SAS and the DEM errors are not related to each-other, but you will tell me...

My main question is: How to proceed from here?
Should I try to replace the feeder pump first?
Or should I get my DEM repaired by XeMODex ?
Any suggestion where to buy the new clockspring?

I really appreciate your help and guidance, we are talking about a bunch of money here and I really do not want to throw away more than what I have already done (lever hub and labor at Volvo).

Thanks guys
Alex

howardc64
12-03-2011, 06:12 PM
On new clock spring, you have to buy it from the dealer. I get all my dealer only parts at Darrel Waltrip volvo. Ask them for the discount for online volvo website members. I recall it under $200 a couple of years back.

Oh and make sure you follow the direction to "reset" the clock spring properly. The internals will break if you don't do it correctly.

Metallo
12-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, even if I buy the part somewhere else, my Volvo dealer will assemble it, so I assume they do it the proper way.

Any opinion on the DEM?

Alex

Metallo
12-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Any comments on the DEM?

Thanks
Alex