PDA

View Full Version : Headlight issue HELP!!

thegarageslab
11-28-2011, 09:13 AM
As most of you may know form having an XC, headlights on my 01 XC are always going out. My driverside went out and I replaced the bulb but still did not work. I replaced the wiring harness, no light. Check the fueses, they seem ok as well. Any suggestions????
Thanks,
Ryan

mingustrane
11-29-2011, 06:15 AM
No suggestions, but am glad to hear that I'm not the only one. It seems that I am constantly replacing headlamp bulbs. Thank goodness they are so easy to access (if you have the hands of an infant). Just replaced another bulb on Sunday.

BillAileo
11-29-2011, 06:27 AM
The low beam bulbs on these cars fail frequently in part because they also serve as the Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs), i.e., they are on whenever the car is running. In my experience OEM Volvo bulbs, while certainly not the brightest option, do last longer than other bulbs. FWIW: Onetime I had the same experience as "thegarageslab" and it turned out my replacement bulb was defective.

JRL
11-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Have the DRLs turned off by the dealer (unless you live in Canada)

alcraig
12-03-2011, 05:53 AM
I just bought a used 2001 XC yesterday. After a little digging around here, I learned that basically that better globes will help marginally but the lenses are crap. Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement? Jeez, even the OEM lenses in my (former) 72 P1800 were better than these.

Thanks
Al