PDA

View Full Version : Help..swapped radio now srs message

stupidloose
11-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I bought a double din JVC radio along with the propper mount kit, Wiring kit, And antenna adapter for my'05 XC70 from Crutchfield. I disconnected the negative terminal using the steps in my Volvo manual. Swapped over all the plugs and hard wired every connection. Install was pretty simple, But when I started car back up I got a message of "SRS URGENT SERVICE REQUIRED". Crutchfields manual says with some vehicles there is a possibility that it has to be reset from the dealership. How SCREWED am I??? Does it have to go to the dealer?, And can I drive it for now until I have time to take it in? Any help would be appreciated.

Ars Gladius
11-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Did you disconnect the climate control unit....?

The dealer or someone with VIDA/DICE will have to reset the SRS error code.

There is no damage to the SRS system. It happens because the climate control is part of the network link that has the some of the SRS systems on it, unplug it and you have interrupted the network and it throws the code.

stupidloose
11-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Yes I did disconnect the climate control. Everything was so tight getting it out to begin with; I don't know if I could have left it hooked up. So it has to be a vida/dice unit to reset the error code? A OBD11 reader will not work? I have the one IPD sells to read error codes.

n00bkiller944
11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Has to be VIDA/DICE or an equivalent that reads these cars SRS codes. Your code reader will not work. Next time you do this pull your battery and you can disconnect your Climate control module.