PDA

View Full Version : Replace side marker lamp and parking light

Metallo
11-19-2011, 02:46 PM
The two bulbs are broken, went on the owners manual to understand how to replace them, it is unbelievable, the instructions do not correspond to what I see in my 2006 model.

Conclusion, I removed the filler pipe (right-hand side) I saw a rubber cap that corresponds to the parking light location, removed it and inside I can only see a bunch of wires, further is impossible to go or see.

Cannot see a physical location for the side marker light :confused:

I am speechless.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Alessandro

Metallo
11-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Anybody?

Astro14
11-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I am not sure what you mean: which lights you mean or what the problem is... is this front or back? Driver's or passenger's side? and what do you mean by filler pipe?

...my OM has a pretty good description...and changing the bulbs is not that bad...

Got a picture?

maran
11-22-2011, 01:17 AM
I had the same problem recently, both the right-hand position and side marker lamp (W 2.1 x 9.5d bulbs) died. Getting them changed was quite tricky because there is obviously very little space available. I have the 120 kW D5 engine, there is a plastic box with two electronic modules inside right behind the light. Even after you remove the washer fluid reservoir filler tube you still can't fit a hand between the two. If you have a 136 kw D5 then you should be okay 'cause the electronics have been moved away and there is plenty of room available.

To get the position lamp bulb out I had to remove the lid and the box's sides leaving the modules exposed. Only then I was able (thanks to the extra space) to use large pincers to get the socket out. It kind of resembles surgery. You need to depress two clips holding the socket in place and pull the whole thing backwards. Once it's free it has to be rotated inside the light, it has to come out bulb first. If you deform the wire enough it might also come out with its back end in front. Then change the bulb and reinstall it in reverse order.

To access the side marker lamp the turn indicator lamp has to be removed first. Inside the same hole/opening there is a whitish-greyish plastic tab, perpendicular to the right side of the car. That's the socket and it's rather long. Turn it clockwise until it releases. Be careful whilst turning, it bends. It's rather thin and looks weak.

XCRansom
11-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Anybody?

pics can be a blessing when troubleshooting.....