PDA

View Full Version : Transmission

Volky_one
11-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I pulled my valvebody last Friday and sent it to Levelten in NJ, oh boy! they are so quick, paid $698 plus about $24 shipping . They received it on Monday afternoon, fixed it and they sent it back to me, was received on Thursday.
I did not ask them but they have 2 diff prices on the same valvebody, but one they call it bullet proof, and the other is slam shift fix.the cheaper one is $598. I chose to get the slam shift fix. now it is better than it was before, did adaptation today 2 times, first run I got triangle light on 2, 3, 4 and did not get it on 5th. I gave up and rechecked my ATF level, was a little bit overfilled, took out some and then run again adaptation, but this time only I've got triangle light on 2. drove for about 45 min then gave up. the first run lasted about 1.35 hours. could I leave it alone to take care of itself in the long run?

Astro14
11-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Volky - my understanding is that you need only get the light once on each shift...so, once each from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 at each of the 3 RPMs...they actually correspond to throttle position. So, light on each of 4 at each RPM...then the same going down, and once each from N-R and N-D...

If you don't get the light on one of those shifts...then it didn't adapt...and the 4-5 takes a long time to get at the light throttle (1400 RPM)...takes an empty road to do it...

Personally? I would re-do the adapt...I wouldn't leave it to do the regular...the trans won't work right on that shift until after a few hundred shifts...and it may not work right at all...why take the chance?

Volky_one
11-06-2011, 05:26 AM
I have the tool, I will keep trying until satisfied. it is not costing me anything anyway. AAMCO wanted my $400 to just take out the valvebody and put it back when it is repaired. But I did it myself and found it easier than doing my 2002 VW GTI. I did not have a Transverse engine support, but it worked just standing on 4 ramps, I had to take out all 2 front bolts for the sub-frame, then supported the subframe with 2 floor jacks wich also helped to lift the frame back up after puting everything back together. If necessary, I can do it egain.